FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Slade just arrived!

Post Date: 2016-04-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gorolho View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gorolho Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Slade just arrived!
    Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 7:30am
After placing my order on March 30th this was how fast the whole process went:
- Stage 2: March 30th
- Stage 3: March 30th
- Stage 4: April 8th
- Stage 5: April 8th
- Stage 6: April 11th
- Stage 7: April 11th

The order was then shipped on the 11th and finally arrived this Monday (April 19th). Overall I don't have many cons when it comes to this purchase, it's exactly what I ordered, the rig runs really well, any game at ultra settings on 1080p easily hits the 100fps mark. For casual browsing and use it also handles awesomely. It boots fast, handles a lot of pressure and processes at the same time, and it works great with a great modem/router and wired connections reaching huge speeds. The box wasn't as heavy as I expected, it is bulky though; inside of it I not only found the rig but also a few CDs for the installation of drivers, manuals, and tutorials of how to set up the computer. The inside of the rig is great, it's not noisy at all and it was designed in all so air flows through the whole thing, while cable management is also something which was greatly done. However, the only down sides of this purchase is that the front cover (the one that attaches to the rig through tiny pieces on its corners) probably broke during its transport and I just couldn't find both pieces which were supposed to be located on the right-hand side of the cover, it still attaches to the front of the computer through the pieces located on the left corners, but I guess not as it was supposed to. Another very similar thing that happened is that another tiny piece of the left-side cover broke, I did however find the piece and fixed it with superglue. I sure will buy again from DigitalStorm, and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a great machine; I'd however advise beginners like me to research more first before ordering, and ask for help/opinions on the wanted build, so then you'll get the best for your money.

A really good looking case

As you see there's still a lot of space inside of it

You can only see a few cables since they're all chilling on the other side of the rig behind some kind of wall/cover

I can hardly ever hear the fans, and I'm actually thinking about buying some more

The front of the rig without its cover

Unfortunately both pieces of the front cover came missing, thus kind of broken

One of the pieces on the side cover also broke but I was able to fix it with superglue

It has great performance and it runs smoothly

Edited by gorolho - 19 Apr 2016 at 7:40am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 7:43am
Hi gorolho....  The Slade 550D is one of the cleanest and best looking cases around and it shows in the pics.   Nice pics and thank for sharing.

Give DS a call or email and they'll probably replace the panel or latches, whichever works. 

Enjoy. Awesome
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 9:21am
Hi gorolho,

Thanks for the good review.

If it was my system I would remove the center HDD caddie so the fan has an unobstructed path.

For sure you should contact DS and get the door/hardware problems resolved. A perfect computer should be perfect.

Frank
gorolho View Drop Down

Quote gorolho Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 9:57am
Originally posted by FrankW

Hi gorolho,

Thanks for the good review.

If it was my system I would remove the center HDD caddie so the fan has an unobstructed path.

For sure you should contact DS and get the door/hardware problems resolved. A perfect computer should be perfect.

Frank

I have no idea how to do it but I'll take a loot at it. I also noticed that both fans of my GTX 980ti are not spinning, the only fans spinning are the ones in the back of the rig, do they turn on automatically when a X temperature is reached or is this a faulty GPU?

Edited by gorolho - 19 Apr 2016 at 9:57am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:08am
Depending on what 980ti you have, the multi fan Strix type cards have 0 rpm fans that only turn on at a certain temp, usually the low 60C.  You can use HWmonitor to check the temps on the gpu while stressing with a game for example.

The top HDD caddy has 2 thumb screws on the face that are removed to take out the top caddy.  I did that with my ODE 600 t case. 

I'm thinking you have the EVGA 980ti ACX video card since its using a 6 pin/8pin power connection.    I believe the ACX uses the 0 rpm fans. 

Edited by bprat22 - 19 Apr 2016 at 10:16am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 12:14pm
Congratulations on getting your computer and welcome to DS. AwesomeThank you for the review and images. It looks great.Strong
Do contact DS for the hardware that broke in transit. They should be able to help you with that.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by gorolho

... do they turn on automatically when a X temperature is reached ....

This.

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 11:21am
Congrats! Such a slick looking machine. Strong

Did DS get you fixed up?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:25am
Thank you for posting your review. Feel free to contact us, we'll be happy to send you a replacement part if you can send over photos.
 Post Reply Post Reply