FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Vanquish 5 Lv3 Review

Post Date: 2016-06-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JohnnyO777 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JohnnyO777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: My Vanquish 5 Lv3 Review
    Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:20pm

It's been almost 2 weeks since the delivery of my Vanquish 5, Lv 3, and all expectations have been exceeded.
My testing grounds have been Fallout 4, moderately modded, on Ultra settings.
Until now, I've never had the pleasure, of playing such a graphically rich AAA title, on Max settings.
I'm 123 hours in, and not a single hiccup. The textures the 970 put out are gorgeous, from the close ups of brick, or skin textures, to the storm system moving in through the mountains over yonder. I sit upon a high perch, watching the Brotherhood of Steel Nuke a Supermutant settlement, from the safety of a Vertibird, and the textures, and resolution are movie like (my Bose system helps too )
The 250Gig SSD (I upgraded it), has to be experienced. This rig has changed my morning routine. I press the power switch, it's up and running in less than 20 seconds. From sleep mode, its almost instant. That said, I had to learn to put the bulk of my games, on the 2Tb hard drive (also upgraded). Not hard to learn, just an adjustment in my routine. I've never had so much storage.
The fans I upgraded to the Green gems you see in the pics. Very quiet, and More than enough ventilation, as Alex said (Thanks Alex). There are 5 in total (2 front, 2 Top, 1 Back), good bang for the upgrade buck. Plus, their light contrasts nicely with the case lighting already in the deal.
When I 1st hit the power switch, I was Very Happy to see only the Recycle Bin in the upper left corner. Such a clean system, I almost felt bad installing Steam.
I'm getting used to Windows 10. That's all I will say about that.
If any specifics come to mind, I'll be sure to add them. If there are any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
In closing, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I feel that as configured, this will last me years to come. Being able to easily upgrade my GPU, and Ram will serve me very well in the future. My customer experience has been nothing short of Exemplary. I never felt as a number in line, or as an afterthought, because I was buying one of the "low end" systems. There's nothing low end, about the polish and care, the techs put into constructing My PC. It shows, and Thank you.
If you're looking to buy a new rig, do yourself a Favor, and consider Digital Storm. You'll get the white glove treatment your considerable investment deserves. I did.

NOTE: I know these are same pics I posted before. The scene is the same, and I'm not a photographer. That, and I have a Fort to take down, that's filled with Supermutants. I'm going solo, and have to liberate the nuclear stockpile from their oppressors, Hoo-rah. The tree of Liberty, must on occasion, be watered with the Blood of Tyrants, to survive.

fixed broken quote

Edited by Snaike - 25 Jun 2016 at 1:03am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:47pm
Excellent looking rig with the green fans.      Congrats and Enjoy.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:56pm
Stay focusedAwesome

Congratulations and many hours of enjoyment.
johndeniel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 9:25am
Originally posted by JohnnyO777

It's been almost 2 weeks since the delivery of my Vanquish 5, Lv 3, and all expectations have been exceeded.
My testing grounds have been Fallout 4, moderately modded, on Ultra settings.
Until now, I've never had the pleasure, of playing such a graphically rich AAA title, on Max settings.
I'm 123 hours in, and not a single hiccup. The textures the 970 put out are gorgeous, from the close ups of brick, or skin textures, to the storm system moving in through the mountains over yonder. I sit upon a high perch, watching the Brotherhood of Steel Nuke a Supermutant settlement, from the safety of a Vertibird, and the textures, and resolution are movie like (my Bose system helps too )
The 250Gig SSD (I upgraded it), has to be experienced. This rig has changed my morning routine. I press the power switch, it's up and running in less than 20 seconds. From sleep mode, its almost instant. That said, I had to learn to put the bulk of my games, on the 2Tb hard drive (also upgraded). Not hard to learn, just an adjustment in my routine. I've never had so much storage.
The fans I upgraded to the Green gems you see in the pics. Very quiet, and More than enough ventilation, as Alex said (Thanks Alex). There are 5 in total (2 front, 2 Top, 1 Back), good bang for the upgrade buck. Plus, their light contrasts nicely with the case lighting already in the deal.
When I 1st hit the power switch, I was Very Happy to see only the Recycle Bin in the upper left corner. Such a clean system, I almost felt bad installing Steam.
I'm getting used to Windows 10. That's all I will say about that.
If any specifics come to mind, I'll be sure to add them. If there are any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
In closing, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I feel that as configured, this will last me years to come. Being able to easily upgrade my GPU, and Ram will serve me very well in the future. My customer experience has been nothing short of Exemplary. I never felt as a number in line, or as an afterthought, because I was buying one of the "low end" systems. There's nothing low end, about the polish and care, the techs put into constructing My PC. It shows, and Thank you.
If you're looking to buy a new rig, do yourself a Favor, and consider Digital Storm. You'll get the white glove treatment your considerable investment deserves. I did.

NOTE: I know these are same pics I posted before. The scene is the same, and I'm not a photographer. That, and I have a Fort to take down, that's filled with Supermutants. I'm going solo, and have to liberate the nuclear stockpile from their oppressors, Hoo-rah. The tree of Liberty, must on occasion, be watered with the Blood of Tyrants, to survive.

fixed broken quote

Can I get an update on how your Vanquish 5 doing right now?
 Post Reply Post Reply