FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mystery Solved! This Is How The Pyramids Of Egypt

Post Date: 2018-03-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MetalHeader View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MetalHeader Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Mystery Solved! This Is How The Pyramids Of Egypt
    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 6:19am

I've came across a very interesting article, so I wanted to share it with you guys:
the-bored-ninja.tk/2018/03/14/mystery-solved-this-is-how-the-pyramids-of-egypt-were-built-17/
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 11:30am
Very interesting.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:25pm
I read another article debunking the claims.    Something about the weight of the water in the angled water tube to raise the blocks and the water displaced by the 2 ton blocks wouldn’t work.    Of course, until I finish my own pyramid using similar techniques, I can’t say for sure.   

My theory...aliens using advanced levitation technology pulled it off.   
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 12:56pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 2:12pm
My kind of guy.   

Do you realize that if aliens landed in America, Trump would kick them out.   
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by bprat22

LOLLOL Only if they didn't check in. Oops
Batman34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Batman34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by hoserator

Originally posted by bprat22

LOLLOL Only if they didn't check in. Oops

Nah, he'd be totally fine with them. They'd help him build a YUGE wall.
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 4:56am
Interesting read, but as bprat mentioned, still no definitive agreement on it. Quite possible that will never be, people like to argue. Big%20Smile

As for my thoughts, I always think back to what my father told me when I asked him about this very thing ("How did they build the pyramids?") many decades ago. His response "slaves and poor folk like us, and lots of them."

Probably not politically correct these days, but my guess is that he was mostly right. LOL
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:36am
The prevailing hypothesis in this arena states that there were no slaves in the construction of the pyramids. IIRC the concept of an enormous slave labor work force in Egypt is a product of Hollywood sensationalism (ie "The Ten Commandments", "Ben Hur", etc).

The workers/craftsmen who would have put the pyramids together were free Egyptian citizens.

Whether or not they were poor, I have no idea.   
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Snaike

That guy is a crackpot. When the History Channel started airing the Ancient Aliens series, and after watching a few episodes, they pretty much lost any credibility I had for them. If I had a dime for the number of times they spoke the phrase, "ancient astronaut theorists say, "yes"", I would probably be able to retire... The whole series is based on little fact surrounded by an over-abundance of conjecture and fabrication, some of which is completely false.

Anyway, in regards to the pyramids, I would be more concerned about "why" they were built as opposed to "how" they were built. Construction of this magnitude had to serve a purpose that went beyond a religious significance and more of a necessity. Its not like they were entombing their pharaohs within them or anything like that.
Acetylide View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Acetylide Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Interesting read, but as bprat mentioned, still no definitive agreement
on it. Quite possible that will never be, people like to argue. Big%20SmileAs
for my thoughts, I always think back to what my father told me when I
asked him about this very thing ("How did they build the pyramids?")
many decades ago. His response "slaves and poor folk like us, and lots
of them."Probably not politically correct these days, but my guess is that he was mostly right. LOL

I believe one of the hindrances to this is the assumption that since ancient civilizations didn't have the scientific knowledge and all of the gadgets that we do now, they were somehow "primitive" and incapable. However, contrary to this, I believe they were just as smart, but they had to be a lot more innovative and efficient. It also should be mentioned that back in those times, religion(particularly the mysteries) & sciences were closely tied together.

If you want an example of how we're progressing in the opposite direction, find a community college where they teach interpolation. Almost everything is done with a calculator/computer now.

Edited by Acetylide - 16 Mar 2018 at 1:59pm
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:09pm
My degree in college was History and I devour history. Always wanted to be an Archeologist. That didn't happen. Few things I've learned:

All great civilizations were built on slave labor.

My ancient(my op) top engineering wonder of the planet was the Romans Aqueducts. Incredible. Pyramids amazing yes. My favorite historical era was the Roman Empire. Love me some Gaius Julius Caesar and Nero Claudius I.

(I myself am a blue eyed Viking(Swedish). The Vikings were quite an Empire.)

National Geographic has done many , many studies of how the pyramids were built. As have the Egyptians.

Edited by oldlady RPGer - 27 Mar 2018 at 4:10pm
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Acetylide

I believe one of the hindrances to this is the assumption that since ancient civilizations didn't have the scientific knowledge and all of the gadgets that we do now, they were somehow "primitive" and incapable. However, contrary to this, I believe they were just as smart, but they had to be a lot more innovative and efficient. It also should be mentioned that back in those times, religion(particularly the mysteries) & sciences were closely tied together.

If you want an example of how we're progressing in the opposite direction, find a community college where they teach interpolation. Almost everything is done with a calculator/computer now.

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To think WE are superior to anything is folly!!! We ARE superior in destroying other species and making them extinct. And all great civilizations do end up failing. That is reality.

"The Ends of the World: Volcanic Apocalypses, Lethal Oceans, and Our Quest to Understand Earth's Past Mass Extinctions " Great, awesome read for anybody into science.

... fixed the broken quote....

Edited by Snaike - 28 Mar 2018 at 2:21am
Batman34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Batman34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by oldlady RPGer

Originally posted by Acetylide

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To think WE are superior to anything is folly!!! We ARE superior in destroying other species and making them extinct. And all great civilizations do end up failing. That is reality.

"The Ends of the World: Volcanic Apocalypses, Lethal Oceans, and Our Quest to Understand Earth's Past Mass Extinctions " Great, awesome read for anybody into science.

... fixed the broken quote....

Another fact is that past civilizations didn't have TV and Computers to waste hours and hours upon. You either picked up a book or went to a social event (e.g. theater, sporting event, etc.). I do think we have regressed in that area, myself included.
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins
 Post Reply Post Reply