Post Date: 2018-02-11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
e06028 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote e06028 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need a new computer.
    Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:44pm
Budget:
[$2,400 including shipping]

This is would be my second purchase from Digital Storm. First one has lasted 10 years. Want this one to last the same amount of time.

Usage:
Mostly working large excel files, FPS gaming. When I say large excel files I mean 500,000 rows of data and over 10,000 formulas. When I write a formula that has to cover all 500,000 rows it takes forever to complete. I need something that will do the formula all the way down the column fast.

Specifications:
I was looking to build my own. I just don't have time to do it. These are some of the items I would use if I built this myself. Graphic card has to handle 4 monitors.

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Z370 STRIX-E ATX

Processor - Intel® Six Core™ i7-8700K Processor

Memory - DDR4 3200MHz 32GB

Power Supply - 750M watt

Graphics Card - RADEON RX 580 8GB? Need something to handle 4 monitors.

Optical Drive - 24X DVD-RW Combo

HDD - 1TB

m.2 SSD - Samsung 960 PRO NVME M.2 SSD

I tried to config this here at Digital Storm but could not find all of these items in the custom config section.

If anyone could help me out with trying to build this and post the config number that would be awesome. Or config something that would do what my usage is that would be great also.

Thanks
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:31am
Welcome to the forums! I don't know enough about your Excel usage to design a build, but you definitely could use the extra ram. One of the few cases with optical drive capability is the Coridium, but when I got mine with AIO water cooling and the radiator top mounted, the tubes went right through the drive bays!
 Post Reply Post Reply