FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need HELP on laptop build!!!

Post Date: 2011-11-01

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jrab703 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jrab703 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need HELP on laptop build!!!
    Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:39pm
Hi all,

Need some help on my configuration on a gaming laptop. I just wanted to say thanks in advance for the future help from you guys. My MAX budget on this laptop is 1300$.

ok so here is my config setup: 611869

I travel a lot and I am in and out of hotels. I play mmo's mostly and want a laptop that I can run at the highest settings with great fps. I wasn't sure what network card to get since i travel a lot and what not so i was looking for help on that. With this config do I have the right specs to run today's and future  mmo's and fps's with maxed graphic settings. All feedback is appreciated!

Thanks
ablahblah View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ablahblah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 12:15am
That exact config is what I myself am considering. IMHO, that's the best you're going to get out of a laptop given current computer hardware. The GT555M is the best you'll get that still offers nVidia Optimus, and it packs in a Sandy Bridge proc too. For proc specifically, I'm liking the 2760 as well, packs a bit more overall speed than the 2630.

I am considering another non-DS model though; however, it's sort of a dilemma I'm facing in terms of battery life v. true portability. The xm15 already has more than decent battery life for what it packs, but I'm debating whether dropping down to a GT540M+Optimus (lower end of the spectrum) is worth ultrabook portability and double the xm15's battery life.

For mostly gaming and light office work with some access to plugs on the go, the xm15 should exceed your expectations. As for being a true on-the-go laptop (i.e. parks, conference rooms, other temporary places), that's debatable, which is my issue haha.

Edited by ablahblah - 03 Nov 2011 at 12:18am
R4D4RPR00F
Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz
Asus Sabertooth X58
EVGA GTX 570
Mushkin 6GB 1414Mhz
 Post Reply Post Reply