FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help with Hydrolux

Post Date: 2014-05-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blackstar View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need help with Hydrolux
    Posted: 10 May 2014 at 9:16am
I purchased the Aventum II system while everything working great with this computer. Then I began to noticed that every time I turned on the system, it turns on all those fans at full blast, goes in Windows 8.1, and then I ran the HydroLux software and it was already set the airflow optimization to "Extreme Mode" because all those fans inside really loud. It will remain that way until I have to change the airflow to Quite Mode because it isn't doing anything that requires extreme cooling. Most of the time, I turn on the system so I can browse the Web and do some other things and I don't see why it had to set automatically to "Extreme Mode" on every start up. I do not see any option in HydroLux where I can change it to Quiet Mode on startup.

Is there a hidden options or command line to tell HydroLux always use Quiet Mode on during startup?

Edited by Blackstar - 16 May 2014 at 9:00am
Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:55am
Wow, no solution from anyone??

Well I made a script that tells HyrdoLux to set it to Quiet Mode on start up. I don't see a reason why it must be at Extreme Mode when the system isn't doing anything or doing something that doesn't need extreme cooling because it's quite a racket when those fans are at high speed.

This script uses AutoIt. Popular freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

Download it and installed then run/compile this script and add the executable to your Windows start up. Make sure you change the file path to your HydroLux executable (Control-Center.exe) before compiling this script. If you want to set to "Auto Mode" instead of "Quiet Mode", just omit {TAB} from the script. Here's the script, copy and paste it in AutoIt:

Run("C:\Users\Troy\Desktop\Control-Center.exe")
if Processwait ( "Control-Center.exe") Then
   WinWait("Digital Storm Control Center (V1.6)")
   WinActivate("Digital Storm Control Center (V1.6)")
       Sleep(200)

Send("{TAB}{space}")
       Sleep(600)
       ProcessClose ( "Control-Center.exe" )
EndIf

Edited by Blackstar - 16 May 2014 at 10:46am
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 1:04pm
Somehow this was marked as read so I flew passed it. The system should turn on to whatever the last setting was you set on the software. Glad to see you got it working!
Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 4:43pm
No, it didn't set anything for the next boot up. I see you're an Digital Storm employee, if you know or ask around your staff if this software has hidden option or command line options to tell it whatever you want it to do during boot up...it would be great.
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:57pm
Just to make sure i'm clear with that is going on, you can change the fan speeds and LED colors but when you restart your computer, the fan speed gets reset to extreme? If so, it could be a bad board.
Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 6:03pm
I'm not sure its a bad board. Thats why I want to confirm in other post I made there was crackling noise as I was hitting the power button to power on the system and I see others had it too so I assumed its the norm.

As for the fans....I can hear it all the fans at normal speed as soon I powered on the system then once the BIOS Pre-Post started, it set the fans to full blast before it went into Windows. Changing fan speeds and LED colors works fine in HydroLux.

Edited by Blackstar - 16 May 2014 at 6:09pm
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 6:11pm
That's really odd. You could try reconnecting the USB header that goes from the Hydrolux board to the motherboard.

Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 8:45pm
I did what you suggested, still same result...tried second time, still the same thing for Quiet Mode. So I tried the Auto Mode instead and it worked...the fans weren't on full speed during boot up. I suppose I will settle for Auto Mode setting from now on, at least the system wasn't causing much rackets. Is that suppose the way it is for Quiet Mode setting that doesn't "set in" via the software??

Edited by Blackstar - 16 May 2014 at 8:46pm
Nav View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Employee

Quote Nav Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:01pm
Auto mode is essentially quiet mode with an auto up-kick when temps start to get serious.
Blackstar View Drop Down

Quote Blackstar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 9:20pm
Yes I know. I like to set it manually. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply