FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need some help installing a Graphics Card

Post Date: 2016-04-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NastyQTip View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote NastyQTip Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need some help installing a Graphics Card
    Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 7:06pm
So i bought a Vanquish 5 about a year ago and with that i had gotten EVGA GeForce GTX 960 with it, well until recently i never really had any use for the 960 because games were running pretty great. But now i have to upgrade but for some reason 960 won't fit into the pci slot. I don't quite feel comfortable jamming or shoving the card into the slot for fear of f**king something up. Any help would be appreciated.

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 3:34am
I don't understand .     You bought the Vanquish with a gtx 960, but it's not installed ?

The gtx 960 should slip into the top most pciex16 slot, the long ones.   To install it, you need to remove the rear PC case backplate that aligns with the particular Pcie slot, Then align the cards connector to the slot and gently slip it in until the front locking clip clicks.   Then plug in the power supply plugs that fit your card., probably a single 8 pin connector.

If you meant you bought a 970 to replace your 960, then remove the 960 by unscrewing the rear backplate, unplug it, release the locking clip by pushing down and pull out the old card. Then install new card with procedure in first paragraph.

Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply