FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Suggestions On a Particular PC.

Post Date: 2016-02-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
reflectionblue View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Need Suggestions On a Particular PC.
    Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 10:34am
I already have a very welcoming series of computers from Digital Storm. I love their work, make, and just everything in between about them. But after some heavy consideration and my Vanquish Level 4's PSU blowing out and needing extensive repair. I considered the line up of games to come and that my Vanquish may not be able to handle what I am looking to do next in gaming. So, I am looking for a recommended machine from one of my favorite developers but I have no idea what to choose.

Budget: $3000.00
[I am looking to stay within the range of 1500 - 2200 but I am okay with going over in extensive circumstances for the majority of long term concerns and future proofing.]

Expectations: Gaming w/ specific titles.
[The main thing I want this PC to run is a game known as "Black Desert Online". This is the optimum I wish it to do. Along side that I would prefer it to be able to run Blade & Soul as well as other PC extensive games on either High or Ultra with a consistent framerate.]

Usage: Gaming Only.
[I really see no reason to need or want to use it for anything outside of this purpose, so push it to the limit.]

Special Needs: Consistent 60FPS on games.
[In this area I am open to suggestions and considering I want this to run some specific titles - Blade & Soul, Black Desert Online, Fallout 4, Starbound, Battlefield 4, etc, I am looking for it to never stall or hang in terms of the performance. In which case, if I ever hit a hiccup I am looking to first say "It must be my internet" before I think "My CPU or Mobo is stressing."]

Saved Ticket #: [None Yet.]

Specifications: Trying to find a model that will meet the required situation in full.
[Please Type Here]
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 12:57pm
Hi reflectionblue... Here's a good place to start.

Can't cut/paste right now so I'll link this...

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1375099

$2548

A lot does depend on your monitors resolution.   For 1080p and 1440p even a gtx 970 or 980 will max those games, or close to it.   Not familiar with Black Desert. I put in the 980ti for more demanding games in the future and if you go to a higher resolution.

This setup can also sli, but if you go 980ti and want the option to sli it, up the psu to a 1000watt.

If you game on a 1080p, even the Vanquish level 4 will max most games. Under $1600.

But this setup does give you sli capability, better power supply, etc.

Hope this helps.

Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 2:21pm
My current monitor can go up to 1980x1020 I believe, and I have an ASUS monitor I have not unboxed but it is newer than the one I am currently using. The set up you have shown me looks really nice, but if you need to know what Black Desert's system reqs are to tweak it then I can supply them:

Minimum

CPU: Intel Core i3 3110M vs AMD Athlon II X2 240
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 650 Ti Nvidia Graphics Card (1GB)   / ATI Radeon HD 4650 (1GB) Graphic Card
Direct X 11 compatible
Sound Card: YAS
Free Disk Space: 40 GB

Recommended

CPU: Intel Core i5 4200U vs AMD A8 6410
RAM: 8 GB
OS: Windows 7 Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 64Bit / WINDOWS 8 64-BIT (with KB971512 Update)
Video Card: Graphic Cards Asus Nvidia GeForce 610 (2GB) / Radeon HD 6670 (2GB) Graphic Card
Direct X 11 compatible
Sound Card: YAS
Free Disk Space: 40 GB
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 2:34pm
Those specs for Black Desert Online are making your wish to stay in budget real easy.    The Vanquish level 3 for under $1400 would play it easily.

The others games, like Fallout 4, BF4 are more demanding but for 1080p, the Vanquish will still handle it.   I have a 4 year old CPU/mobo with new gtx 970 and max everything I play. Witcher 3 needs a minor tweak with Hairworks turned off.

The config I posted might be overkill for your needs.   A simple video card upgrade in a couple of years, if needed, would keep the Vanquish viable for some time.   Unless of course gaming needs make a huge leap.

Quote reflectionblue Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 2:41pm
If I did not have the issue with my PSU I would get you a copy of my Vanquish 4 build. I think it may have changed a little from the original one they have here now. But, I did mention I am looking to future proof. So if this build is "Overkill" that may be what I want then. I rather have it suited for it now and then minorly upgrade the Vanq 4 over time for other purposes or a back up PC. But I am glad to know the qualifications are not too steep.

I hear this (BDO) and Blade & Soul are both heavy heavy CPU intensive. That was why I was looking for the heftier unit since a lot of games now seem to be pulling from the CPU and not so much the GPU.
 Post Reply Post Reply