FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New build / new customer

Post Date: 2018-03-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kriswithak View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kriswithak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New build / new customer
    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:24am
New customer! I was wondering if I could here from some existing customers about their honest experience with the company, and what I should come to expect both during the process and afterwards.

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Digital Storm BOLT X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Blanco White
Side Window: Edge to Edge Premium Acrylic
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K (6-Core) 3.70GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z370 Chipset) (Mini-ITX) (Up to 1x PCI-E Device)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 750W Lian-Li PE-750 (Platinum Rated) (Supports up to GTX TITAN Xp)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm HydroLux PRO LITE (CPU + Graphics Card)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: White Flexible Tubing + Clear Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - White - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: High Static Pressure - Corsair Air Series SP140 Fans (2x 140mm) (LED White)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced RGB Internal + Front Panel LED Lighting
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
BOLT-X
Batman34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Batman34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:29am
Hi Kris. I'm not 100% positive on this, but you should receive periodic updates on Digital Storm's progress with assembling your PC/testing. In addition, I have provided a copied description of the six stages for preparing a Digital Storm PC (Email I received from Digital Storm last year):

"Stage 1: (Payment Processed)
Your order has been successfully processed. Our accounting department is now preparing your build sheet and passing this over to our inventory control department so we may allocate the components necessary for your order.

Stage 2: (Inventory Assignment)
A special component bin has been assigned for your order. We then locate components from our inventory and place them inside your component bin. If any components are out of stock, we are then waiting for them to be delivered to our storage center. Once all of the hardware is inside your component bin, it is then placed in queue for phase 1 stress-testing.

Stage 3: (Phase 1 Stress Testing)
Your order is now placed into one of our specialized test benches. The installation of the operating system, drivers and any applications that are specific to the system you ordered are completed here. Our Digital Storm Integration Engineer will also install any demos, benchmark utilities, and burn-in software necessary to correctly monitor your systems performance throughout our burn-in process. Afterwards, we perform a series of grueling tests that push the hardware components in your system to the very limit. This Stage is especially important because it is here where the system either excels or fails. If it does fail, our Digital Storm technicians will identify any problems and replace them before we ship your computer system. If the computer system still does not pass our tests, we will then re-build it with a new batch of components.

Stage 4: (Engineering Lab)
Your order has successfully passed our phase 1 stress testing, it has now progressed into our engineering lab. A specialized Digital Storm Assembly Engineer will carefully put together your order as if it was their own. They have a passion to build every system as if it was their show piece.

Stage 5: (Phase 2 Stress Testing)
Your order has been passed to our final phase 2 stress-testing team. They run a final batch of tests to verify the integrity and stability of your system. This allows us to ensure that every system we ship will be a rock solid machine for years to come.

Stage 6: (Quality Assurance)
Your system is undergoing a very detailed quality control analysis. A Digital Storm Quality Inspector is tasked with inspecting your machine for missing screws, loose cards, checking for special requests, verifying the configuration, and double checking our stress-test results. Our inspectors are trained with an eye for detail and ensure that every system leaves our facility with the art of perfection."

Also, it will take around 15-20 business days for your PC to ship after your order is processed.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Edited by Batman34 - 09 Mar 2018 at 11:34am
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins
kriswithak View Drop Down

Quote kriswithak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:40am
I am aware of all of that, really looking for real people / real experiences. Im familiar with their (DS) process.
BOLT-X
Batman34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Batman34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by kriswithak

I am aware of all of that, really looking for real people / real experiences. Im familiar with their (DS) process.

Well, I can pretty much say that my experience with Digital Storm has been excellent so far. No complaints.

However, I will make one suggestion. If you need immediate help, I recommend contacting Digital Storm by phone, not email. They will help you regardless, but I personally found the first option to be faster.

Edited by Batman34 - 09 Mar 2018 at 12:15pm
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:40pm
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to DS. AwesomeThat is one nice system you ordered.
I am sure you can find plenty of posts regarding experiences  and reviews in the corresponding sections but in a word - top notch (sorry, two words)Big%20Smile. They do all possible to have happy customers and plenty here are prior purchasers. That speaks, doesn't it? Whoa
Enjoy your system and keep us posted. We like images of new systems, you know? Excited

Big%20Smile
lomoring View Drop Down

Quote lomoring Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 5:08pm
I can't believe we ordered almost the very exact setup. I just happen to get the MSI board. Even down to the same tubing preference

Mine is at stage 3

Grats!

Edited by lomoring - 14 Mar 2018 at 5:09pm
Satesh View Drop Down

Quote Satesh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:40am
So far my experience has been slightly lack luster. They are pretty good about answering emails. However I've never been able to reach anyone by phone. I received duplicate emails at different stages of my build a week apart asking if it was ok to swap a piece in my build and I said yes. The person apparently never updated that on my order. I ordered my pc on February 22nd 2018 and shipping information says it will be here on the 19th of march.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:44am
Satesh, I've been a customer and visitor to these forums since 2010. I've seen that not every phone call or e-mail gets the attention it should, but the vast majority do. I have also seen that whenever a slip-up has come to the attention of management, it is dealt with immediately with the customer's satisfaction the most important issue.

In a previous post, "New Build Arrival" I pointed out your rig shipped on the 13th business day from your order, and DS doesn't have any control over shipping. Read my story there if you want to see what a shipping delay really looks like!

I'm sorry you didn't have the smoothest experience with your order, but I'm convinced you're gonna love your PC.

Edited by Cretae - 15 Mar 2018 at 9:47am
Satesh View Drop Down

Quote Satesh Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:52am
The guy is asking for honest opinions. I'm not complaining about build time or shipping time I'm stating my experience thus far the other poster also wanted to know time frame that's what I gave him
 Post Reply Post Reply