Post Date: 2018-03-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kelley959 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kelley959 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New computer, maybe 2
    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 8:26pm
Hi all.  I'm in a quandry as to what to do. I'm approved for 2,000 to get a new pc, or maybe 2.  Wife and I are getting back into World of Warcraft.  The other games we play on pc include FFXIV and Morrowwind Elder Scrolls.  Not so much Morrowind, but the other two for sure.  I'm thinking getting a beast that will play WOW and FFXIV on high to ultra settings. Or maybe get two machines, but then we have to keep the price at 1000 for each.  I'm not much on how the computer looks physically, but how it performs is my main goal.  Keep in mind WoW is coming out with a new expansion this fall.  Legion is fairly intesive on graphics.  Thanks in advance!

Marshy22 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Marshy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 9:59pm
If you get two machines, the best bet would be the Vaniquish level 2. The Vanquish is a pre-built offering very little customization options outside of the 4 levels that DS offers.

Keep in mind that with this configuration, you're mainly going to be playing at 1080p. WoW is more CPU bound so the Ryzen 5 is a way better choice than the CPU offering for the level 1 Vanquish. That said the level 2 is $250 over budget excluding tax, but you and wifey will have GPU's capable enough to play FFXIV at max settings with over 60FPS at 1080p, together!

If you go with a single machine, here's the configuration code that you can input by clicking on "Load Config" on the top right of your screen: 1863066

This build is a $150 over budget so you may want to lower the ram down to 8GB, which is definitely enough for both WoW and FFXIV. With this build you'll be at max settings no problem and playing at over 100 fps in both games. Should you want to upgrade to a 1440p monitor or even a 3440x1440 ultrawide screen in the future, you'll be able to play both games on such a monitor at near max settings too.

Edited by Marshy22 - 06 Mar 2018 at 10:37pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:40am
For the kind of money involved in a custom build, and the compromises you still have to make in parts such as the M.2 SSD and the power supply, you are better off sticking with the Vanquish line all the way.

A single Vanquish 4 is under your budget. It might be a little overkill for the games you are playing now, but will be a beast for you well into the future. You get some of the best parts available right now where it counts the most: CPU and GPU and 16 GB of ram.
 Post Reply Post Reply