FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Config Help (mainly for MMO Gaming)

Post Date: 2016-09-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
malakoi73 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote malakoi73 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New Config Help (mainly for MMO Gaming)
    Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:49am
Budget: I can spend up to 5k, but I know it's not necessary for what I need the PC for, so build accordingly.....if you get it much cheaper than that, that's great, as I have other needs too!

Expectations: Ultra Settings. I like it pretty.

Usage: MMO Gaming mainly - World of Warcraft & Overwatch (currently). I don't play much more other than Blizzard games. I might expand outside of that in the future though.

Special Needs: I live in year round warm climate (Florida). I've lived here for almost 20 years, so I like the warmth. One of the problems though is the inside of my house is also very warm, as I keep my A/C on at 83 degrees, so my room gets warm when the PC is under load. I'm not sure if that is a problem, but I've gone through a few ****s & an A******* computer previously and I believe they may of succumbed to overheating during their life spans. I play for extended period of times, sometimes over 8-12 hours straight (don't judge), this is my entertainment. ;). So, in the end, I think I need to make sure I have a very nice cool system, as my #1 priority and also I need to be able to connect wirelessly, to the internet.

Saved Ticket #: Sorry I haven't built one, as I don't know much about PC building, that is why I came here to get the expert opinions. Previously when I built my own custom PC's from places I always went over the top and added way to much stuff and wasted a lot of cash, so I'm looking for some help and not doing that this time, as I don't want to go overboard, although lasting 3-5 years would be nice, outside of video card upgrades.

Monitor I'll be using is an: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q 34" Curved 3440x1440 100Hz IPS G-SYNC Gaming Monitor.

Any help with a build is much appreciated, as I'm tired of playing on my dinky laptop right now, as my Imac screen keeps going out on me while playing (I guess from the heat)....

Thanks for your help and time guys, I really appreciate it! Anything else you need to know, just ask? I think I covered everything though needed to make a build.

~Brian

Competitor's name removed.

Edited by Snaike - 04 Sep 2016 at 11:51pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 11:13am
Welcome aboard, Your ambient temp (room temp) is a big decider on what your pc temps are going to be, you can only go so far from your ambient temps.

Look at it this way, an air cooler will use its fans to blow air through the pipes to help keep temps in check, needless to say here when we say "blow air" we mean cool air, the cooler the air obviously the better.

In liquid cooling, the fans "blow air" through the radiator to help with heat exchange. Again its cool air we are looking for.

in both cases if its warm or hot air that the fans are blowing then they are not gonna be much help in heat exchange since you are not gonna have a high rate of exchange when you bring hot air to exchange hot air.

There lays your problem, no matter what cooling we give you here you are not going to have great temps and heat is definity number one enemy of electronics.

having said that, here is the best idea here IMHO:

this is the over the top version:

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

and here is the all you need verison:

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

I can't promise you that your temps will not be warm or good since your room temp is a high temp. I would ask DS to use the biggest rad they can, if needed I would change the case to the aventum and go double 360mm rads, but aventum does not have the airflow of velux and you need all the airflow you can get.

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Sep 2016 at 11:15am
malakoi73 View Drop Down

Quote malakoi73 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:10pm
Thanks for the welcome & the quick build DST4ME. I appreciate your help!

I was assuming the heat would be the main problem here, I'll look into your suggestions.

From your builds and what you said, my best bet is the liquid cooling to get a bit better cooling than air, even if it's warmer than typical?

Even though I went through a few computers, both of my **** lasted about 6-7 years, but my A******* didn't fare as well, but that was the graphics card (so my friend said).

I tried to play in a cooler environment, but my body is use to the 80 degree weather now. Even then I'm under a blanket.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

~Brian

Competitor's name removed.

Edited by Snaike - 04 Sep 2016 at 11:54pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:25pm
Water always transfers heat better then air. But be mind full this an open loop lc system we are talking about not one of those aio.

I would wear a heavy coat if I had to and use my pc in 75c or lower room temps.

If your gpu died in the other pc that is no reason to get a new pc you just change/upgrade the gpu, that can happen to any pc.

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).
Also be sure to pick the color of the ring you wan the fans to have (red/blu/white).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.
malakoi73 View Drop Down

Quote malakoi73 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Water always transfers heat better then air. But be mind full this an open loop lc system we are talking about not one of those aio.

I would wear a heavy coat if I had to and use my pc in 75c or lower room temps.

If your gpu died in the other pc that is no reason to get a new pc you just change/upgrade the gpu, that can happen to any pc.

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).
Also be sure to pick the color of the ring you wan the fans to have (red/blu/white).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:28pm
you quoted my text did you mean to say someething?
malakoi73 View Drop Down

Quote malakoi73 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:30pm
Yeah, I realize that about the GPU and just changing it out / upgrading it. That PC was from 2000 that I was referring to, when I was living in Key West and I no longer have it. At the time that is what I had to do though.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 12:36am
lol well 2000 is old we recommend a new pc once every 6 to 7 years, and gpu upgrade once every 2 to 3 year.   
Clay View Drop Down

Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Sep 2016 at 6:13pm
Looks pretty sweet!!
I7 13700KF 5.4hz
ASUS Prime z790 MoBo
ASUS Dual 4070
32g ram@5200
850 Gold PSU
1TB SSD 2TB SSD
27" ASUS Monitor 144hz
Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse