FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New User - Uber Build Please Help!

Post Date: 2016-08-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MisterTurtle View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MisterTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: New User - Uber Build Please Help!
    Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 12:52pm
Budget:
10kish

Expectations:
Solid for future use, easy build not too complex, future compatability

Usage:
Mostly Gaming

Special Needs:
NA

Saved Ticket #: 1464115

Specifications:
Item 1 --- Digital Storm Aventum 3 (Config # 1464119)
$9,148.00
$9,148.00
Chassis
Chassis Model: Aventum 3 (BACKORDERED ETA Early August)
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake) (Unlocked CPU) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME (Intel Z170 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power)

Storage / Connectivity
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 950 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (2TB Samsung 850 EVO)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB (Pascal) (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Blue - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair Airflow Performance Edition (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Standard Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Automatic Overclocking

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty (6 Year Labor & 4 Year Part Replacement)

So I went to look at some other recent posts and came up with a modified recommendation to this...

Some questions on the the build...

What do I need to ask them to do custom?
I read something about draining and bridging for the cards

Will the 1080TIs not be more powerful than Titan Xs...just more bang for the buck?

Also is this OK for the UPS?

CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD - PFC Sinewave UPS Systems - Pure Sine Wave | 100% Active PFC Compatible with USB Charging Ports

And finally...what monitor would you guys recommend?

Acer Predator or ASUS ROG SWift?

As always TY all so much!

Edited by MisterTurtle - 03 Aug 2016 at 12:52pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by MisterTurtle

Expectations:
easy build not too complex,

well that quote conflicts with most of your builds specially this part but your build is oppose of that quote.

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)

So let us know if you want high end parts like LC that will complicate and raise issues or you want an easy build not too complex

What we put in your build is dependent on what kind of monitor we need to max out.

who knows if there is gonna be 1080ti, we can't comment on future of things we have no control over.

1000w is all you need for sli titan x but if you want more headroom 1200w is fine just understand its not needed.

the apc is not big enough to handle the 1000w or the 1200w.

you got a nice budget, I would recommend building a pc that will run an ips 4k 144Hz monitors coming out end of 2016/ begin of 2017, that is gonna be a kickarse monitor system.

I would go with 2666MHz ram for better timings and latency over the 3200MHz you picked.

Edited by DST4ME - 03 Aug 2016 at 3:37pm

Quote MisterTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 3:45pm
Hey DST4ME,

Ty fir the reply...so how hard is it to keep ip with lq? Is it something I can learn (assuming flushing or liquid replacement)?

The ti question was in general with lastest series generally speaking...dont they come under the titan?

What apc do you recommend then for 1200? Do you have links for the monitors coming?

TY again

Edited by MisterTurtle - 03 Aug 2016 at 3:46pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 3:57pm
My pleasure boss

LC is not hard, as long as you are willing to be patient to do things right, its easy to work with, you just need patience and pay attention to details but its very easy to work on, but it would fall under "complex" category comparing to air cooling, there is more that can go wrong with LC( liquid cooling).

I would head over to apc's website and look for backup that can handle 1200w, that is not your full pull but I like to cover the psu not just what my actual use is.

do not have a link for new monitor but I did see an article I posted about You can see it here

If you are ok with lc and working on it your build is fine, I would go with 2666MHz corsair ram and change your oc to stage 1 otherwise what is the lc and all that for?

Edited by DST4ME - 03 Aug 2016 at 4:25pm

Quote MisterTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 5:49pm
What would you suggest comparible with air cooled?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 6:50pm
Well can't do what the hydrolux pro does with air, but the thing is that we don't need to, the hydrolux pro brings better temps yes but we can still have good temps with air.

Best air cooler here and well known on the net for its performance is the noctua, just pick that and stage one oc for the cpu boost and you will be good to go, more power, good temps, less complications.

Here if you look at my post I only recommend 3 cpu coolers, first is noctua, second if you are stuck on having lC but don't want to spend too much and want better performance than noctua would be hydrolux lite, its a little better then noctua, and last if you want proper full lc performance/experience you will see me recommend the hydrolux pro. So based on performance those 3 are the ones I recommend and only because each has better performance than the one before it, otherwise you don't see me recommend any other cooler because there is no need.

Edited by DST4ME - 03 Aug 2016 at 6:53pm

Quote MisterTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 10:50am
How much of a hit do I take for doing all air cooled?

came up with this : 1464630

Any better?  want it also to be able to upgrade on my own later
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:14am
Ok lets see why did you pic that ram? I though you want faster timing and latency that is more important between the 3200Mhz ram and the 2666MHz ram.

You don't take any hit going aircooled, your temps will be fine/good, they just won't be the same as air they will be a little lower depending on what LC you go with. to beat noctua you need to go hydrolux. So needless to say I don't like the cooler you chose.

Your psu can be a 1000w if you want with that setup.

just seen some reviews of titan x pascal and I'm not happy at what I see, only 20fps higher then the 1080, I don't think the price is worth the little gain but that is upto you.

so your build needs to be this on lc:

Ticket Number: 1464694

or this on air:

Ticket Number: 1464695

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Aug 2016 at 11:15am

Quote MisterTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:56am
Sorry about the RAM thought I had downgraded it.  I was wondering if there is a difference between the Corsair ones and the generic ones from DS?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 12:08pm
Not really, I don't the timings on the DS ram but ram is mainly the same.

Quote MisterTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 10:24am
Is this a bad config?

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1471377

Can I ask for all the other HD cables to be setup?  (will be adding as I go along)...

Also anything wrong with just one Titan X ?  Easier to keep upgrade moving forward?

Also the processor...still would go with that or more if I could afford?

Edited by MisterTurtle - 15 Aug 2016 at 10:29am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2016 at 1:03pm
That looks good but if want the titan put it under lc and oc the heck out of it otherwise its not really worth it.
 Post Reply Post Reply