FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No graphics Card in my build

Post Date: 2016-05-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Phraxis View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phraxis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: No graphics Card in my build
    Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:43pm
So I Want to buy an Apollo at Level 3.
I'm NOT buying the graphics card because I already Purchased the Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders edition Seperatly.

So what does this mean for my system on the whole stress testing part that Digital Strorm does?
Will there be a stress test since I'm NOT buying a graphics card?

Any answers will help!
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:51pm
I'm not quite sure how it works with the HEDT processor without an iGPU or a discrete GPU. They may just put in a test unit and remove it before shipping. I had ordered my computer without storage (there was no option back then to not have a GPU...I had done the same thing and purchased a GPU separately but needed to spec a minimum GPU) and I think they mounted a temperary drive to test it out before shipping.
forrest74 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote forrest74 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:54pm
Phraxis:

1) Do you intend to SEND them your NVidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition ... for Digital Storm to install into your computer?  And to use during "stress testing?"

2)  Will Digital Storm install it in your computer if you send it to them?

3) Have you asked Digital Storm what effect this might have on their warranty?  If it is not their card, can they still warranty the rest of the computer? 

I do not work for Digital Storm, so I do not know.  Seems to me that you should know the answer to these...
Phraxis View Drop Down

Quote Phraxis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by forrest74

Phraxis:1) Do you intend to SEND them your NVidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition ... for Digital Storm to install into your computer?  And to use during "stress testing?"2)  Will Digital Storm install it in your computer if you send it to them? 3) Have you asked Digital Storm what effect this might have on their warranty?  If it is not their card, can they still warranty the rest of the computer?  I do not work for Digital Storm, so I do not know.  Seems to me that you should know the answer to these...

No I am NOT going to send them my GPU, And yes I will install the GPU myself, pretty easy.

My only question is if they will still test it with like a substitute gpu of their own?
Phraxis View Drop Down

Quote Phraxis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by 

I'm not quite sure how it works with the HEDT processor without an iGPU or a discrete GPU. They may just put in a test unit and remove it before shipping. I had ordered my computer without storage (there was no option back then to not have a GPU...I had done the same thing and purchased a GPU separately but needed to spec a minimum GPU) and I think they mounted a temperary drive to test it out before shipping.

Thanks! if anything I will call/ask them while I'm making my build.
xii View Drop Down

Quote xii Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2016 at 11:21pm
They will not cover the warranty of any parts they do not supply. I am currently building a PC sending in some parts of my own.

- Xii
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 5:34am
If they provide a test GPU there should be a fee for the effort.

Frank
 Post Reply Post Reply