FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

nvdia drivers global settings...

Post Date: 2016-07-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Xenecus View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: nvdia drivers global settings...
    Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 6:38am
What has nvidia done with the drivers post GTX1080? If I switch Global Settings VSync to off, it resets to On after a reboot.... this happens not only on my new DS system but my old system with 980TIs as well.... this is a new thing I started noticing just recently, mainly because I started running 3DMark and noticed horrible scores and it was due to VSync being on....

After a bit of research I noticed it only happens when Gsync is on... so if you have a Gsync enabled monitor, Nvidia will force Vsync on to avoid possible tearing past native refresh/frame of the monitor....

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Can someone confirm that this does not happen with non-G sync displays?

Velox | i7 6850x @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Rampage V E.10 | Titan X (Pascal) SLI | 32GB DDR4 | Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Raid 0 | 1200W AX1200i| H20: HydroLux PRO | Win 10 |
MrButters View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MrButters Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 12:40pm
I'd like to force Vsync off as well, as I've had issues with it and the 970.  Most games have an option, but there are a few that force it, including Rimworld.  :(

Post Reply Post Reply