Post Date: 2012-05-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Redstyx View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Redstyx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: ODE V2 Level 4
    Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:16am
Hey folks, I'm not here to upload a config, just had a question regarding the ODE V2 Level 4.

I'm not terribly tech savvy, so was wondering if that computer would be able to support 2 monitors or not? Also, I noticed the upgradeability score was a bit lower than some other models, what would I NOT be able to grade vs other computer lines?

Thanks in advance folks, I'm very close to making a decision.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:33am
Hi Redstyx.....The ODE 4's HD 7970 can handle multi- monitor displays.  AMD website does a good job explaining it.

The barometers they use to compare cooling, noise and upgradeability aren't really accurate.  Just too many variables.  That said, the ODE's can't upgrade to sli, 2x gpu with the motherboard used so that would factor in.   Aside from that the ODE can be upgraded to new power supply, mobo, videl card, drives etc just as easy as others listed. 

Hope this helps.Big%20Smile
Redstyx View Drop Down

Quote Redstyx Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:43am
Originally posted by bprat22

Hi Redstyx.....The ODE 4's HD 7970 can handle multi- monitor displays.  AMD website does a good job explaining it.

The barometers they use to compare cooling, noise and upgradeability aren't really accurate.  Just too many variables.  That said, the ODE's can't upgrade to sli, 2x gpu with the motherboard used so that would factor in.   Aside from that the ODE can be upgraded to new power supply, mobo, videl card, drives etc just as easy as others listed. 

Hope this helps.Big%20Smile

Bprat22,

Thanks again for your input. I'm leaning very heavily toward the ODE V2 Lvl 4 right now. I can't actually think of a reason why I would need a second video card. With a card like 7970, it should be able to shred through D3, GW2, and the soon to be announced Fallout 4 ( I know we don't know specs) correct? For only 2,000 its really looking like the best option for me.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:56am
I meant to answer your question from the other thread about 800w vs 750hx.

The 750hx is made from better components and thus has a higher efficiency rating.  The 7 year warranty tells of it's quality.  The 750hx actually can deliver more juice than the 800w with it's lower effciency. 

But, the 800w is all you need and does have DS extended 5 year warranty.  The ODE 4 is a great deal. 

Good luck and keep us posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply