Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Church View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Church Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: OMG I GOT MY DS SYSTEM
    Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 5:24pm
Holy cow... its beautiful and the whole system is so wide and open... ill send some pics maybe tonight or tomorow...

its sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!
Nomad View Drop Down

Quote Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 5:44pm
Hahaha nice! Congrats man!
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
2GB DDR2 Corsair at 800MHz XMS2
320GB Western Digital
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Windows Vista Home Premium
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2007 at 11:02pm
Hehe. No matter how many times I read that it makes me smile. No amount of pictures can prepare you for what one of these systems is like in person.

Congrats Big%20smile.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 12:44am
SHOW PICS!
OlBull View Drop Down

Quote OlBull Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 12:26pm

Sweet!  Rock on Church!!

Congrats Clap

I just love to hear from folks when they get their new DS system.  Makes me remember how I felt. 

Church View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Church Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 9:36pm
lol sorry about no pics... ill show u tommorow. Other than that, the whole order was perfect, a little bumps here and there. One of my vid cards did somethin crazy while at ds but they picked it up and finished it. I got it last thursday and there was something wrong with the soundcard and the case. I could not get sound through the front and back at the SAME time. But what the hell i do not need sound through both places. Called DS and they did the best they could while giving me hidden phone numbers for creative.... lol creative has the worst customer service ever i tell you. Hope to get that fixed. Other than that it is overclocked 3.6 gigahertz and my 8800 ultra is amazing 300 fps in css with max settings and 1680x1050 and anistropic at 16 x

Only one problem which i cant seem to fix.

My computer wasnt built with vista 32 bit. I have windows professional. I have 4 gigs of memory at 1066 megahertz. Only getting 2.5 gigs of ram. I thought the 32 bit problem was only with vista, and if not does anyone know why im only registering 2.5 gigs rather than 4?

If this problem happens with windows professional too at 32 bit, Idk.

Other than that it was fantastic!!

My case looks so empty because of the neat wiring. Btw i reseated the ram and all the video cards and everything so thats not the problem

It rips through programs like tissue paper

im gonna make another post to show my expierence

9.5 out of 10!
Zoom12 View Drop Down

Quote Zoom12 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2007 at 11:53pm
yes i believe all 32 bit os will not register full amount of ram....only 64-bit architecture reads more than 2.5 gigs
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Dec 2007 at 3:30am
To clarify on the RAM:

2^32= 4,294,967,296

That's all there is. 1 and 0 are all a computer understands, and 32 bits means 32 places to hold values, so you get the above value, or 4GB (assuming you are using the 1024^3 standard per GB). Everything in the computer nibbles away that those available addresses. If you have a couple of 512MB GPU's, there goes 1GB of address room, *poof* Tongue. The operating system needs to take a chunk away as well.  Whatever is left is how much RAM a 32 bit operating system can address. Typically, this is between 2.25GB and 2.75GB depending on what components are installed.

It's not a bug, it's a physical limitation of any 32 bit operating system.

This is why the need for 64 bit.

2^64 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,616

That's the theoretical limit anyway. You can't address anywhere near that with Vista 64 bit, but then again, you don't need to.
Kenny View Drop Down

Digital Storm Engineering

Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Church

lol sorry about no pics... ill show u tommorow. Other than that, the whole order was perfect, a little bumps here and there. One of my vid cards did somethin crazy while at ds but they picked it up and finished it. I got it last thursday and there was something wrong with the soundcard and the case. I could not get sound through the front and back at the SAME time. But what the hell i do not need sound through both places. Called DS and they did the best they could while giving me hidden phone numbers for creative.... lol creative has the worst customer service ever i tell you. Hope to get that fixed. Other than that it is overclocked 3.6 gigahertz and my 8800 ultra is amazing 300 fps in css with max settings and 1680x1050 and anistropic at 16 xOnly one problem which i cant seem to fix. My computer wasnt built with vista 32 bit. I have windows professional. I have 4 gigs of memory at 1066 megahertz. Only getting 2.5 gigs of ram. I thought the 32 bit problem was only with vista, and if not does anyone know why im only registering 2.5 gigs rather than 4?If this problem happens with windows professional too at 32 bit, Idk.Other than that it was fantastic!!My case looks so empty because of the neat wiring. Btw i reseated the ram and all the video cards and everything so thats not the problemIt rips through programs like tissue paperim gonna make another post to show my expierence9.5 out of 10!

I believe that your system overclocked 3.67GHz, also is a Liquid cooling system. NICE !
We're here with you !    &(*_~)&
Church View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Church Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 11:31am
ok so if any of you guys know, are there any standard xp versions 64 bit or is vista the only thing that will help. Another thing... I already installed a whole lot of things. If i do install 64 bit. will it still show my programs and work them correctly?
Ultra case silver
e6850 overclocked to 3.6 gigahertz
Nvidia 8800 Ultra
4 gigs of ram 1066 megahertz
680i motherboard
850 watt silverstone
and other stuff

Kenny View Drop Down

Digital Storm Engineering

Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Church

ok so if any of you guys know, are there any standard xp versions 64 bit or is vista the only thing that will help. Another thing... I already installed a whole lot of things. If i do install 64 bit. will it still show my programs and work them correctly?

Yeap, if you do install any 64 bit of Vista Home Preminum or Ultimate . Your system will show and work correctly with 4GB or 8GB of RAM (if you do have 8GB of RAM).
We're here with you !    &(*_~)&
tirnaog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tirnaog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Dec 2007 at 2:46pm
Don't do the XP 64 bit. Its a hell of a lot more un-compatible then the Vista 64bit.
:)
My DS PC:
CPU: Intel i7 2700K OCed 4.4ghz
MB: {not sure :( }
Memory: 8 gigs
Video: 570 GTX 1gb nVideo
Sound: Built in
Church View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Church Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Dec 2007 at 7:45pm