Opera

Post Date: 2012-01-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sgt.Moore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sgt.Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Opera
    Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 4:11pm
I was thinking of dropping Firefox for Opera. Thos of you who have used Opera what are your impressions ?
"RLTW"
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 4:13pm
Not bad, but, you should go for Chrome.
Sgt.Moore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sgt.Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 4:29pm
Hmmm i tried Chrome way back in the day, is it better than Firefox in your opinion ?
"RLTW"
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 4:39pm
NO its not, chorme is the dumbest browser you will ever see.

instead of making a stable browser, what google has done is made a stupid browser that is not stable, instead what they do is use more of your resources and then try to play us for idiots and fools and tell us that "chrome's tabs operate independently so if one crashes the others don't".

Well here is the thing:

1. I can't recall the last time my opera or ff crashed.

2. by tabs "working independently" it means that each tab is like an app, so it has its own resources, so when you have chrome open with say 10 tabs, its like you have 10 apps open which is the dumbest thing ever.

I don't need to give most of my ram to an inferior browser that acts like 20 apps, I open opera with 50 tabs and it uses less ram/resources then chrome with 10 tabs open.

so if you want to give most of your pc's resources to an inferior browse go ahead.

if you want a supreior browser that is more stable and uses less ram/resournces then look at opera, ff might use more resources then opera but I take it over the stupid chrome any day, for one thing I'm too smart to be fooled by "its better because if one tab crashes the others won't", no it not, make it more table so it does not crash like opera and ff.

have a look here I have more info posted this is pretty much what I said there:

Originally posted by DST4ME

LOL chrome is like this:

if a opera for example is a car that gets you from point A to point B with 2 gallons of gas, chrome is the car that takes you the same distance with the same speed but uses 10 gallons of gas.

thats as far as using resources go.

as far use and customization goes, tell me can chrome have this feature to load DS tickets right form right click contex menu:

Let me save you the time, NO it can't, it can't do a lot of things firefox and opera can do.

google makes a crappy browsers that is not stable and crashes, instead of fixing it and making it more stable, they decided to use your memory to keep each tab open like a an app, so when their unstable browser crashes your other tabs don't crash.

Now I have always over 50 tabs open here are just some:

below you see all the tabs I have open with opera, click image to see all.

click image to enlarge

Now ask me how many-times opera has crashed in the past year.

the answer is zero, thats right, the browser is properly built so that it does not crah like inferior browsers such as chrome.

To open those many tabs with chrome I would need at least 4 times the amount of resources opera uses to do the same thing, for no good reason.

the only thing chrome is a beast in is using your resources, here is an example of opera opened with 40 tabs and chrome opened with 10 tabs:

opera with 40 tabs open using 444,000k memory:

Click above image to enlarge

chrome with 10 tabs open = 210,000K memory use:

Click above image to enlarge

its easy to do the math and see that with 10 tab chrome is using half of what opera is using with 40 tabs open, now imagine what would happen if I open 40 tabs in chrome.

so like I said if opera/ff take 2 gallons to get you there, chrome will do it with 10 gallons and less features and customization.

Edited by DST4ME - 08 Jan 2012 at 4:45pm
Sgt.Moore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Sgt.Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 4:58pm
MMMMMMM I LOVE posts with specs, screen shots and charts to back up their statement !! Very well done Awesome
"RLTW"
 Post Reply Post Reply