FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please advise on my build

Post Date: 2016-08-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shash View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shash Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Please advise on my build
    Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:18pm
I think I am finally ready to order my new rig. please review and advise. https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1480846

It is a gaming rig and I will be viewing video as well. My main concern is the storage option. I hope I picked two storage devices that will work the best together. the small one is for the OS and virus software and the large one is for the several games that I play. The GPU's are the fastest I could find. I believe they will work better in sli that a single titan. I am not sure of the monitor as of yet. I may go for a single 4k monitor or a lesser one if the frame rate would be better. your help is much appreciated!
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:28pm
Welcome aboard Shash.

The way I build a pc is the same way you would build a race car.

First I need to know what kind of a race it is.

right now you have build a race car but you are not sure what kind of race you are doing yet.

My advise in order to get the most out of your money, I would suggest you atleast have the specs of the monitor you want to get in mind. For example are you looking for 1440p res or 4k res, or maybe 1080p res? how about refresh rate? 60Hz or 120/144Hz?

Your config can be better, its does need some changes but if you can help us figure out your monitor I can help you much better with the changes, otherwise if you want I can try and just help with the build.

Edited by DST4ME - 30 Aug 2016 at 12:39am
Shash View Drop Down

Quote Shash Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:29pm
Hi DST4ME! A lot of my build has already been influenced by reading posts from you helping other people :-)

I will probably go with a 1080p at 144hz monitor. I do like to have the option to test out the 4k if I want to however, I think that for gaming the 1080p will perform better.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 12:01am
For 1080P all you need is a gtx 1060 but since you said you may go 4k lets do this, let go with a single 1080 gtx and if you get that 4k monitor you drop a second 1080 gtx in there If you like to know how easy it is to add a gpu yourself look here.

I change your storage drive to a 1TB 850 evo its very fast and great for storage and games. Other than that, the changes you see are because the parts you had were either less performer, or pointless:

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET (number 3 on the list) Or any other good light AV.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.

Edited by DST4ME - 31 Aug 2016 at 12:02am
Shash View Drop Down

Quote Shash Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 4:29pm
Thank you DST4ME! You have been a huge help :-)
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:46am
My pleasure and good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply