FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question about CPU temps on gaming / video editing

Post Date: 2018-02-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mpetersonart View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mpetersonart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question about CPU temps on gaming / video editing
    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 6:12pm
I just recently got my computer that i use for video editing, 3d modeling, and gaming.

I played some games and subnatica was hitting 50C (tested it out for like a min) and over watch was around 55-60C with realtemps saying i spiked to 73.

For video editing, i did a fast render for 5 mins and my CPU sat at 70-75C. video is at 1080p.

The Digital storm will say fluid is at 32, CPU is 32, and GPU area is 43, but speccy, realtemp, and HW will say its a higher number for the CPU and it will be a lower number for the GPU then what digital storm temp gauge says.

The CPU is Intel Core i9 7900X and i heard it runs hot. I just want to make sure these temps are good and i should not panic! I do have their liquad cooling and my 1080s dont go over 45 with fluid staying around 30C mark.

It it overclocked and when looking it up the Tjunction is 95°C.

---
I have the digital storm control center open but say i switch to extreme mode, i dont notice any difference. Theres a fine-tune airflow on the right but when i mess with them, they just fall back into place, or when i put it to extreme, everything turns off unless i double click on one of the three settings.

----

I have it on Extreme now and turned the things to half way but i dont notice any more noise or anything

Edited by Mpetersonart - 21 Feb 2018 at 6:48pm
Melissa peterson
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:54am
Temps in the 70’s is fine.   I would think your Aventum with Hydrolux cooling would be lower, however.   The temp is fine, but I would email DS and ask why it’s not lower with your setup.

If the temps for gpu, cpu area, is with their Hydrolux control center, then those are just temp probes scattered about.   I personally wouldn’t pay them any attention.   It’s the gpu, cpu temps internally that matter.

Quote Mpetersonart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:00am
Originally posted by bprat22

Temps in the 70’s is fine.   I would think your Aventum with Hydrolux cooling would be lower, however.   The temp is fine, but I would email DS and ask why it’s not lower with your setup.

If the temps for gpu, cpu area, is with their Hydrolux control center, then those are just temp probes scattered about.   I personally wouldn’t pay them any attention.   It’s the gpu, cpu temps internally that matter.

Thank you, i will try to call them up today. I have HW opem, specy, and reap temp and did a 3d render test with blender and they again hit 70C, but course it was done super fast.

I just want to have that peace of mind because i spent so much on this computer for these things i want to make sure they can handle them correctly.
Melissa peterson
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 5:04am
My pleasure and the 70c is perfectly safe.    Just thinking your setup should be lower but DS will let you know.

Let us know and have fun.   

Quote Mpetersonart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:28am
Originally posted by bprat22

My pleasure and the 70c is perfectly safe.    Just thinking your setup should be lower but DS will let you know.

Let us know and have fun.   

Just to clarify it was hitting between temps of 70-75 with some cores going in the 80s. I rendered some stuff on my jobs computer and it was hitting 66c, so I feel like I’m close to where I should be ready what you wrote and other people’s posts about the i9s.

Still going to give them a call
Melissa peterson

Quote Mpetersonart Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:05am
I called them up and they said those temps are normal and seeing spikes to 83 is fine, as long as the cpu it self is staying at a constant temp around 70-75. At 90 I should worry and contact them back.

I forgot to ask about my fans, since I’m water cooled if that’s why I don’t see a difference/head a difference when I mess with my fan settings
Melissa peterson
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 4:12pm
Don't have the new version of the DS Control Center but on mine (Aventum 2 and both cpu and gpus are lc) when I put it in extreme the fans all go wild and noisy.  Go to Support/My Account and download the latest control center version. Your fans should react to those controls and if not give DS another call. The module might be bad.
Also, ambient temp has more of an effect that we think on temps. Give your system plenty of space to breathe. It has a lot of fans.
Keep us posted and enjoy. Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 22 Feb 2018 at 4:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply