Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question for potential customers
    Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:01pm
We wanted to ask potential customers:

"What can we do to gain your business? What will it take in order for you to make a purchase today?"
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:17pm
for me its the money my credit limits not past 3k and i just dont have it in my checking account to just shell out 3 k all at once. if i had a credit card or some type of payment option id probably buy it tomorrow. its really just to have 3k to give out all at once on something i want vs need is difficult when there are things we have to pay like bills, rent ,etc
satsunada View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote satsunada Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:21pm
Money here too. Though i'll have some money soon I still will likely not buy til at least June 26 for other reasons. Sorry Alex :(   For what it's worth, aside from those stipulations.. i'm sold Ermm
Ramdurand View Drop Down

Quote Ramdurand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:23pm
Alex,

I knew i was going to buy my computer from DS it was just a matter of when.  Going on the forums that are on here made all the difference in the world.  I am by know means a computer expert, so i had some much needed help from the guys on here.  When i finally called to make my purchase i got a hold of James and I just knew it was going to be awesome after talking to him.

You go the extra mile to make things right and that doesn't happen to often now a days.  I think to get a deal done and to have repeat customers you have to do that.  I can't say enough about the forums on here and the customer service that you have there but to me thats what would make me purchase another computer from DS.

I will tell everyone i know about DS.  (Even though my brother just bought one from Alienware.  I told him about DS but he didn't listen.)  Doesn't hold a candle to what DS can offer.   

If anybody is doing a search on the internet for a custom computer and they find DS and they read the forums and read the reviews they can't help but buy one from DS.  Keep up the good work!  I will be back.ErmmErmm 
Ramdurand View Drop Down

Quote Ramdurand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 4:28pm
I agree with Inferno and Satsunada about the payment.  Its a big chunk to handle all at once.  I am sure its hard to set up some kind of payment book type thing but i think that would definatly increase business i think if you could chop up the payment. 

inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 5:21pm
i think u guys have all of our buisiness theres just no other option when it comes to what you give vs what u get. im sold with DS 2 its just i need to save about 1,200 more b4 i buy so it may take another month or so i was hoping to buy on the 23rd ( my birthday) but unless i get an awsome surprise for turning 19 which i doubt it'll sadly be longer if it takes more than 2 month's ill just wait till win 7 comes out but i'll definately have the money by then

Edited by inferno23 - 11 Jun 2009 at 5:22pm
sdelu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdelu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 6:06pm
Once again, right now the only thing holding me back is paying in one big chunk. Not everyone has the means to drop $2500 at once with no repercussions. Many of the people who purchase $6000+ gaming rigs can afford to do so without a second thought, but for the rest of us... well, that money has to go elsewhere.

If there were smaller chunks of payments spread throughout the year it would be much more manageable. However, I can see how that would pose a problem to a company that isn't absolutely enormous, especially when you have bills to pay too!

I should add that I don't feel the prices are outrageous. In fact, they're very competitive with other high quality builders.

I think that it's a no-brainer that you'd get a lot of people buying with installment plans. I'm sure you lose a few (not many, but a few) people to places like Alienware that offer monthly payments because it's just much easier for the consumer to manage. Despite the hefty price tag, to many people $100/month sounds better than $3000 at once.

An addendum -- I would absolutely never get a DS credit card and to be quite frank, i think that is a horrible idea.

Edited by sdelu - 11 Jun 2009 at 6:32pm
InfiniteWorries View Drop Down

Quote InfiniteWorries Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 7:11pm
When I'm able to get a job.

it's just a money issue.
sdelu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdelu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Alex

"What can we do to gain your business? What will it take in order for you to make a purchase today?"

Okay so the literal answers are:

1) if I could pay in 4 or more installments I would seriously consider purchasing now instead of much later.

2) free stuff. lol Embarrassed

Really though, if there was a way to chop it into 4 or so payments that would be ideal. The second was wishful thinking, though truth be told I'd feel bad if I told you to give me free stuff just so I would buy a computer. Damn conscience getting in the way again Big%20smile
Grimfate View Drop Down

Quote Grimfate Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:49am
I don't know about increaing sales but I think if you throw in a T-shirt for free it would increase awareness. I know if it was free I'd wear it around but when it comes to 10 bucks I'm going to be putting that into the computer.
MyNameisBrian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MyNameisBrian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:16am
Problem for me is that I had just built a system right before discovering DS. I definitely don't want to shell out a few thousand bucks for a new system with very little performance gain.

Just waiting for the 300s and the gulftown now . . . :D
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 9:22am

Seems apparent many (maybe most) want to help by purchasing but, it's the "money" that's holding them back--at least for now.  These are commitments...pledges of a sort..and they'll be most welcome sales down-the-line.

Generating more sales traffic...requires generating more awareness/excitement/buzz...

How about...a raffle...a drawing...for a unique system from DSO?  Something that comes to mind is/was the HP Blackbird 002 chromed Maximum PC machine?  How about something similar...say a custom Lian Li unit/case with some unique bells and whistles--maybe, DS logo laser etched into side panels showing off the interior goodies/LC and LEDs??  DSO might be able to secure sponsorship from several companies to participate--and mutually benefit/share in the advertising/expenses.  Maybe even a series of forum posts showing/detailing the build process might bring new post'ers, site awareness, and sales--not of the "one-of-a-kind unit you're building but any number of your other offerings?

On the lighter side...Tee Shirts are a great form of mobile advertising...(even bumper stickers/window stickers) worn/displayed by those willing to demonstrate/advertise where their heart is.  How about a shirt that says "Ask me about DS Computer Systems" ha, ha...(just kidding...well, maybe not...)  Would a silk-screening facility be willing to cut a deal if you also added their logo to YOUR shirt??  Another image comes to mind...that of a race car driver plastered with logo's...maybe a Tee with the DS logo on the front and hardware/software manufactures (logo's) on the back...

Tap into the creative juices of the forum...sponsor a contest for possible marketing campaign ideas--with the proviso DSO retains/owns submitted suggestions/ideas (without remuneration).

People want to help...(you) supply the criteria, guidance/mentoring (and a dose of patience)...and see what they come up with...what do you have to lose...ask them--you might be surprised?? 
easytarget View Drop Down

Quote easytarget Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 10:41am

As I've previously suggested, prospective customers, especially lurkers who will never post (and who represent the real incremental business your question is in pursuit of), base their opinion of your company in no small part on these forums.

So staffing them with a paid representative of DS such as yourself instead of the self appointed mouthpiece you currently use would be all to the good.

EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:01am
Really none of these responses actually answer the question Alex is asking.  Inferno23 came closest to answering it.  What would it take to get you to order today?   

Alex, DS may consider having a revolving account much like Dell has and set-up purchases this way.  I have two dell printers and have had a Dell revolving account for years.  It's extremely easy to go online and order cartridges from their site at my convenience.  You simply have your credit card on file and purchase when necessary.

The fact that a consumer is rejected from making purchases over 3k has nothing to do with DS and everything to do with your own bank.  Banks obivously do this to keep fraud from taking place.  Purchases over certain dollar amounts will be held and confirmed by the bank and it varies from bank to bank on the amount at times.  This is a consumer safety interest on the bank's part, and considering that the bank is guaranteeing your money, they take the loss if fraud happens, not you.

By the way, to the general viewing public here, before you make your purchase you need to simply call your bank and confirm that you will be making this purchase and what the amount is so they will release the funds at the time of purchase.  It really is as simple as that.  I have never had a problem making purchases, purchases over 10k, if I just call the bank first and let them know that it's me and it's ok to release the funds at the time of purchase.  It becomes more about planning for the purchase knowing that banks will always operate this way.  

Edited by EdH63 - 12 Jun 2009 at 11:09am

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by easytarget

As I've previously suggested, prospective customers, especially lurkers who will never post (and who represent the real incremental business your question is in pursuit of), base their opinion of your company in no small part on these forums.

So staffing them with a paid representative of DS such as yourself instead of the self appointed mouthpiece you currently use would be all to the good.

In the absolute sense...everybody here is "self-appointed" we're here because we want to be.  Excuse my candor...but, for a "newbie" post'er yourself you seem to come down with both feet on DST4ME (as evidenced in your other posts).  I'm not representing him--he does quite alright by himself thank you...  But, know this, despite his imperfections (and we ALL have them...) he's FAR more help than hindrance--which is more than I can say for you--so far.  Evil%20Smile  One other thing...rep's from DSO...Alex and Sarah...IMHO, have over time, achieved the right mix of joining in (at the appropriate time(s)) to monitor and clarify without seeming to use a heavy hand--a delicate balance. 

All in all, I welcome you aboard...and look forward to your posts--but, only if you aren't seen as having an axe to grind--fair enough?  We'll over look your shortcomings...if you'll over look ours.  Angry   
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Zardoz8719

Originally posted by easytarget

In the absolute sense...everybody here is "self-appointed" we're here because we want to be.  Excuse my candor...but, for a "newbie" post'er yourself you seem to come down with both feet on DST4ME (as evidenced in your other posts).  I'm not representing him--he does quite alright by himself thank you...  But, know this, despite his imperfections (and we ALL have them...) he's FAR more help than hindrance--which is more than I can say for you--so far.  Evil%20Smile  One other thing...rep's from DSO...Alex and Sarah...IMHO, have over time, achieved the right mix of joining in (at the appropriate time(s)) to monitor and clarify without seeming to use a heavy hand--a delicate balance. 

All in all, I welcome you aboard...and look forward to your posts--but, only if you aren't seen as having an axe to grind--fair enough?  We'll over look your shortcomings...if you'll over look ours.  Angry   

I'll agree with this.  DST4ME does help more than he doesn't, and he may rub you the wrong way, but it doesn't require some of the personal attacks that have been posted in other threads toward him.  I know to some around here he may seem like the hall monitor, wearing the red sash across his chest calling out to stop running or tie your shoes.  Or he might seem like the guy in class always answering the teacher's questions correctly making you feel inadequate or less than what you'd like to be seen as.  Bottom line, the guy helps more than he hinders.  I guess that can be annoying to some, it has for me at times to some minor degree, but it's not something that I need to go on about here and diminish what good he does do.

If I argue with you to the point it belittles you or diminishes your worth, then it really becomes more about me and my issues and less about you... right?  Letting go can be hard sometimes.  All of the power to understand lies within each one of us all the time, we just have to make the decision to let go when we need to.  Quite frankly, I would rather be left wanting more than looking like I have it all.      

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:42am
Originally posted by EdH63

Really none of these responses actually answer the question Alex is asking.  Inferno23 came closest to answering it.  What would it take to get you to order today?   

Alex, DS may consider having a revolving account much like Dell has and set-up purchases this way.  I have two dell printers and have had a Dell revolving account for years.  It's extremely easy to go online and order cartridges from their site at my convenience.  You simply have your credit card on file and purchase when necessary.

The fact that a consumer is rejected from making purchases over 3k has nothing to do with DS and everything to do with your own bank.  Banks obivously do this to keep fraud from taking place.  Purchases over certain dollar amounts will be held and confirmed by the bank and it varies from bank to bank on the amount at times.  This is a consumer safety interest on the bank's part, and considering that the bank is guaranteeing your money, they take the loss if fraud happens, not you.

By the way, to the general viewing public here, before you make your purchase you need to simply call your bank and confirm that you will be making this purchase and what the amount is so they will release the funds at the time of purchase.  It really is as simple as that.  I have never had a problem making purchases, purchases over 10k, if I just call the bank first and let them know that it's me and it's ok to release the funds at the time of purchase.  It becomes more about planning for the purchase knowing that banks will always operate this way.  
...and you're right--of course...my "suggestions" were just that--suggestions and not a direct answer to Alex's question.  And though you arn't asking directly...maybe I should answer the "question". 

In my case, it's not so much a matter of money--(rich, I'm not...) but, I've been setting it aside for some time to purchase--it's more having set my sights on certain hardware items and being reluctant to give in or "settle" just when they're coming into view.  I won't go through (my) list...but, i've hesitated to express this point of view for fear of either convincing or confusing others to do the same--I realize it's not in DSO's best interest for me to do so.  

As background, my initial quest for a new machine started nearly a year (and two other companies) ago--and for one reason or another I've been waiting/reaching for the next (new) thing.  Ridiculous...you say...and you're right...heck, (at some level) I know the machines available now will do everything (and more) than what I need/want--why am I still waiting?  In some ways...I've trapped myself...thinking (my) waiting is a form of self-discipline...combined with logic and a well thought out plan....  In reality...maybe it's a little more than fear of choosing wrong...of not having the patience it takes to see something I saw so clearly (a year ago) through. 

In any case...that's my story--and I'm sticking to it...  Except now, I plan on getting two machines about a year apart--the first one (for the wife and kids...ok, maybe me too) in Oct....  the other in H2 2010 will have the Gulftown--and all the things I've been waiting for ha, ha....Smile Wink Big%20smile
goldgunner View Drop Down

Quote goldgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:45pm
In my case: what would motivate me to buy another pc from DS

Considering the $ 6,511 rig I bought from DS in January:

> When problems develop: DS needs to have / must have more available and responsive Customer Service

> Multiple calls and voice mails and much time passes... Short business hours...

> I purchased 4 year Platinum service: what am I getting for my money? Seems what I get is unavailability and unresponsiveness.

> 4th day pc is unusable for game play, and still no response from DS

Help!
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:59pm
@Alex: I was a little surprised to see you refer to DST$ME as a "moderator" If there really is even a casual link between DSO and DST$ME, I think his avatar should be titled the way SkyR and Tyler Lowe's were in the good old days. If DST$ME doesn't have actual moderator status, he probably should, if he's willing to take it.

It's DSO's call, of course, on what's cost effective or not, but I do miss the participation by DSO employees in these forums. Back in "aught seven" and the beginning of last year, one of the primary things that made this forum interesting was the particpation of Alex, Kelly, and other DSO employees in the debates. That conection with real people, as opposed to a faceless corporation, ultimately convinced me to buy here.

It seems the two factors that prevent most people here from buying are either finances or lack of current need. Maybe a few are waiting until the "next big thing", like Win 7,  is available. I don't think you can nudge these people in to buying any sooner. We're all hooked on DSO and just waiting for the right circumstances to buy (again). If you want more customers, I think you've got to go prospecting to dump more prospects in to the top of the sales funnel. Most people here are already circling the drain. That means going out and stroking the press and advertising.

One final thing. I'm sure you've all heard the pithy aphorism, "Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one, but nobody wants to hear yours." Well, think of this forum as the cyber equivalent of the campfire scene in "Blazing Saddles". Here, you're welcome to fart away. You don't have to agree with with everything everybody says, but try to appreciate the diversity of input never the less.

Edited by Bill the Cat - 12 Jun 2009 at 1:04pm
3.6 GHz E6850,       4 GB RAM, GTS 250,   TJ9, Win 7 64-bit
4.4 GHz i7 3930K, 16 GB RAM, GTX 670, 550D, Win 7 64-bit

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:46pm
@BtC...I like the way you think.  And (I) agree...the interaction of DSO personnel in this forum is a definite plus.

Now, who's going to initiate the "draft DST4ME" campaign....if he's too shy to accept outright Embarrassed

Edited by Zardoz8719 - 12 Jun 2009 at 1:48pm
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:02pm
 "...You don't have to agree with with everything everybody says, but try to appreciate the diversity of input never the less".

To do this, you need to remove the personal agenda.  To appreciate something beyond yourself requires sacrificing self.  That requires letting go.  Some here just can't do that.
GeneralShrooms View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GeneralShrooms Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:19pm
I think you guys should be more involved in some discussions, and asking people to give you a call doesn't count.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:41pm
@Bill the Cat, you bring up some valid points. Notes taken, let's see how we can move froward with them by having our staff participate further with discussions. About DST4ME's moderator status, that's not a problem, but, does he really want it?

@GeneralShrooms, you're right, but, at the same time, we've focused more energy towards the phones, message board, helping customers that are trying to contact us, etc... We could have more resources towards just participation in our forums by other DS employees but, we are at the same time trying to ensure we are as efficient with resources as much as possible due to the current economic situation that we are all under.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:57pm
To be honest it would be an honor to be a mod on this forum , however I'm afraid it might take away from my independent rating and advise.

right now I'm just a customer advising another customer, to me that is more creditable since I have nothing to gain nor am I affiliated with DS any other way then just being a customer.

If I become a mod then some people might think when I talk highly about DS its because I'm a mod and affiliated with DS and am doing so because I have to or due to my affiliation.

I think thing are great the way they are right now, you guys are right, Alex and Sarah are doing a fantastic job of jumping in when needed and adding/providing info that the rest of us don't have.

Based on the above I would feel more comfortable advising just as a customer.

I can't not possibly express how honored I am by the option and the kind words many have said here. I means so much to me to hear you all say those kind things

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Jun 2009 at 3:00pm
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

To be honest it would be an honor to be a mod on this forum , however I'm afraid it might take away from my independent rating and advise.

right now I'm just a customer advising another customer, to me that is more creditable since I have nothing to gain nor am I affiliated with DS any other way then just being a customer.

If I become a mod then some people might think when I talk highly about DS its because I'm a mod and affiliated with DS and am doing so because I have to or due to my affiliation.

I think thing are great the way they are right now, you guys are right, Alex and Sarah are doing a fantastic job of jumping in when needed and adding/providing info that the rest of us don't have.

Based on the above I would feel more comfortable advising just as a customer.

I can't not possibly express how honored I am by the option and the kind words many have said here. I means so much to me to hear you all say those kind things

We don't really mean it. Hug
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 5:20pm
Now I'm honored even more

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Jun 2009 at 5:40pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 6:29pm

Do I smell (refried) beans?

Edited by Bill the Cat - 12 Jun 2009 at 6:30pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 6:59pm

We could have more resources towards just participation in our forums by other DS employees but, we are at the same time trying to ensure we are as efficient with resources as much as possible due to the current economic situation that we are all under.

Obviously, shipping flawless systems in a timely manor is DSO's first priority. Answering tech support phone calls and emails probably ranks second. Just those two activities can make for a full day. However, getting back to your original question, the best and perhaps only way to knock off fence sitters in the forum is to provide access to knowledgeable employees. Maybe you'd have to establish some ground rules, like employees would only address configuration issues and not get into detailed diagnosis and problem solving in the forum.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:06pm
Yeah, valid points. I will see how we can plan something.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:19pm
actually I think the config is the easy part, the employees should help with trouble shooting.

but all that should happen only after the phone situation is taken care of.

I honestly don't see how employees answering questions is going make anybody buy their system faster.

you know what will make people buy their system faster? a big discount that runs out in a few days, there is nothing that is going to motivate anybody to buy faster then a big discount.

its not like we are not providing plenty of info for new customers in the configuration area.

check out this new customer for example: here, you think if a tech helped him that would make him buy today? if so lets ask him, my money says no.

that idea would work in a forum that does not provide all the info we provide.

now make him an offer he can't refuse then he might buy today.

but thats just my 2 cents

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Jun 2009 at 7:24pm
sdelu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdelu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Bill the Cat

We could have more resources towards just participation in our forums by other DS employees but, we are at the same time trying to ensure we are as efficient with resources as much as possible due to the current economic situation that we are all under.

Obviously, shipping flawless systems in a timely manor is DSO's first priority. Answering tech support phone calls and emails probably ranks second. Just those two activities can make for a full day. However, getting back to your original question, the best and perhaps only way to knock off fence sitters in the forum is to provide access to knowledgeable employees. Maybe you'd have to establish some ground rules, like employees would only address configuration issues and not get into detailed diagnosis and problem solving in the forum.

I'm not sure if that's really the "best" way to get the fence sitters, as you put it. I would think that more people who are sitting on the fence aren't doing so because of lack of access to knowledgeable employees, but rather the availability of alternative options. There are other companies out there that look good on paper (dell, gateway, etc.) that have "gaming systems" for more "accessible" prices.

Show them that DS computers can outperform these big company PCs in any price range and that will get more sales. Of course, that would require finding a way to get the information out there.

But that's getting away from the point of the thread, as that won't get anyone to do anything "now." Honestly, what I said earlier is what would get me closest to getting a DS rig "now," and I really honestly can't think of anything else that would get me to that point.

What kind of answers did you expect, Alex? Just curious if you had an idea of what you would see.
sdelu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sdelu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

you know what will make people buy their system faster? a big discount that runs out in a few days, there is nothing that is going to motivate anybody to buy faster then a big discount.

Absolutely would, but we don't want DS to lose money on the deal, do we? Obviously a huge discount would get people buying, but then you'd have a swarm of people who purchase and DS might not have the manpower to pull it off. Plus, DS isn't exactly charging us an arm and a leg, so how big of a discount could they even afford?

Edited by sdelu - 12 Jun 2009 at 7:27pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:28pm
ya but we all know the only thing is gonna move our butt is money, be it free stuff like you said or another $100 off for a limited time, free upgrade of something for a limited time.

nothing motivates faster then money.

I think not having the manpower to build the systems is a problem DS would like to have, cause it can quickly be solved, plus at this time I think are not too busy so they want the orders.

but I agree we don't want DS to lose money.

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Jun 2009 at 7:29pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:35pm
BTW another thing that might help is if you guys can put a 3 year part warranty on the laptops, it sure is stopping me from getting one.
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Bill the Cat

Do I smell (refried) beans?

Don't get me started!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>