FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Question in regards to my purchase.

Post Date: 2015-10-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rob Ruckus View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rob Ruckus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Question in regards to my purchase.
    Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 5:15am
Hello everyone, I'm a long time PC gamer here and I'm in the market to buy a new PC. I came across digital storm on youtube and decided to give it a go here. Although I have one question, I am torn as to which PC I buy. However, my question is in regards to the bolt 3, I love the look however with the slim casing are there any heat sink issues? I've been advised to stay away from slim cases from my tech savy friends also wondering if this is fairly easy to upgrade years down the road. I was wondering if anyone here has bought a bolt 3 and can comment on you're likes and dislikes ty for your time.

Rob Ruckus out.
Rob Ruckus View Drop Down

Quote Rob Ruckus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:04am
Bump I am torn on the bolt lv 1 with a upgrade to the power supply or Vanquish 3 lv 4. Can anyone comment on the bolt 3? I love the look of it but im wondering if there are any caveats with the slim casing. Pls help =)
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:20am
Hi Rob and Welcome to the forums.

I don't have the Bolt 3 , but from others postings and reviews, the Bolt doesn't have an heat issue.   The smaller case doesn't give heat a place to build up and the cpu, coolers and graphics card are close enough to vents to easily pull in and exit the air needed.    

It only allows a single graphics card which is fine for most.  If sli is a consideration then you'd need to go bigger. 

My only smaller issue with it is the psu is not as readily available, be a rack type,  as your standard psu would be.    I'm sure they're out there, but a little more hunting might be needed.  Replacing it would also be a bit tougher with the close confines.  

Upgrading in the future is certainly doable but it would be a smaller, tighter fit to snake cables and replace certain components.   I wouldn't have an issue with it but others might.  I like to play and poke around.  Hahaha

The Vanquish vs the Bolt 3.     The Bolt is great if space is at a premium.  Otherwise I'd go for the Vanquish or the other mid to full cases for the added room to work in and the psu being full size.

Hope this helps and good luck.  Big%20Smile     Stay in touch.

Post Reply Post Reply