FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about the Harker...

Post Date: 2016-12-30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hungrybeast View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hungrybeast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Questions about the Harker...
    Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 12:35am
Hello everyone, i need some help. Next year, or the year after it, i'm planning to buy a 17.3" Harker. So i need to ask some questions about that laptop. Of course, you guys cant look into the future, but i'm asking anyways :) So here are my questions:

1. Will it have Thunderbolt 3/USB 3.1?

2. How about temperatures? How hot does the CPU and GPU get while playing, for example, GTA 5 at max settings?

3. How thick is it?

4. So it says it has(internal) 4 M.2 ports and 2 SATA ports for HDD's. Can all be populated at a time?

5. How long does it live?

6. Can i change the CPU and GPU?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Dec 2016 at 7:34am
I can't answer the queations but its built off the Sager 9172 if you want to Google and check out reviews, etc.

Just me, but buying a laptop with the intent to upgrade the card or cpu in the future isn't a good plan.   Even if it can be upgraded, newer chips or cards in 2-3 years will likely not be compatible, either physically or chip-set wise.   Plus they are much more expensive than desktop variants.   

Good luck. Big%20Smile 
Max Baer View Drop Down

Quote Max Baer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 10:34am

Harker 17.3 does not have a USB 3.1/ Thunderbolt 3 but it has 4 USB 3.0 ports.

I believe it comes with Intel i5 processor. This laptop has a quad-core processor, meaning that it will be very good at performing multiple tasks at the same time.

Size: 16.46" (Width) x 11.10" (Depth) x 1.52" (Height) and Weight is 8.6 lbs.

I cannot say about temperature but it has its own Thermal Design which will not increase a heat while playing high end graphic games and while using multiple applications.

How long does it live is totally depends upon the upcoming technology.

The price of this laptop is slightly higher than the other similar products but if another product launches with higher specs then the price and dominance of this laptop will fall down.

If motherboard accepts the CPU and GPU changes then you can surely make changes.

Thank you,

Max

Post Reply Post Reply