FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about these configs

Post Date: 2016-11-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Joseph88772 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Joseph88772 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Questions about these configs
    Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:11pm
 Right now my budget is between 1500 to 2000 not including keyboard, mouse, and monitor which I might buy elsewhere. So I might want to try and keep my budget here to somewhere within the range of 1800 to 1900 or so.

This a possible vanquish 5 config I'm looking at:
code: 1524064

Will this be good for running most games at ultra settings 60fps?

Witcher 3
GTA V
Fallout 4
Dishonored 2
etc.......

1: Will it be easy to keep this system upgraded on my own for a couple of years?

2: Is there enough room for new graphics cards and ram.

3: Could I even go 4k in the future if I wanted to. I doubt that I would ever want to go to sli or double graphics cards, but keep in mind that by the time I decide to go 4k there maybe be more single cards that can handle it instead of having to go sli or two cards at once. Technology is fast after all.

4: Is the motherboard good? I didn't see any specs, but I do know that Z170s are suppose to be pretty decent.

I want to take advantage of these black friday specials even if they aren't major.

However, I do have an apollo build, but it might take me longer to save up to it and I'm unsure if it is worth it. I will definitely miss the black friday deals if I decide to save up for this build though.

apollo build:
code: 1524057

So what do you guys think? Is it really worth it for me to be patient and wait longer to save up for the apollo build or is the vanquish perfectly suited for my needs (especially if it is easily up gradable).

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 11:01pm
Start over, you are doing this backwards, to know how your car will do on the race track we need to know what track you are talking about.

your pc is your race car and your resolution is your race track.

If you want to waste your money keep going that way, if you want best bang for the buck then lets figure out what resolution your monitor will have, and then we can figure out what we need to max it out in the games you mentioned.

So what is the budget for the monitor or do you have one in mind already?

for 4k you need sli 1080 or titan pascal on lc with high oc or sli titan pascal.

the vanquish does not allow much modification so some parts are unknown and keep in mind here you are getting one year part warranty.

I would lean toward apollo if you can, but your config was not good, I made it better so you have better performance and more reliability: Ticket Number: 1524324

again that system is great for 1080p res and will do good for 1440p res, so which res are going for with your monitor?

have you looked at their:

maybe with one of those 2 you can get the apollo and take advantage of the sale?

if not your vanquish is better like this: Ticket Number: 1524329

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Nov 2016 at 11:04pm
Joseph88772 View Drop Down

Quote Joseph88772 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 12:29am
Originally posted by DST4ME

Start over, you are doing this backwards, to know how your car will do on the race track we need to know what track you are talking about.

your pc is your race car and your resolution is your race track.

If you want to waste your money keep going that way, if you want best bang for the buck then lets figure out what resolution your monitor will have, and then we can figure out what we need to max it out in the games you mentioned.

So what is the budget for the monitor or do you have one in mind already?

for 4k you need sli 1080 or titan pascal on lc with high oc or sli titan pascal.

the vanquish does not allow much modification so some parts are unknown and keep in mind here you are getting one year part warranty.

I would lean toward apollo if you can, but your config was not good, I made it better so you have better performance and more reliability: 

again that system is great for 1080p res and will do good for 1440p res, so which res are going for with your monitor?

have you looked at their:

maybe with one of those 2 you can get the apollo and take advantage of the sale?

if not your vanquish is better like this: 

Yay, thanks for replying. I'm probably going to wait on the monitor for a little while, but it will most likely be 1080p maybe around 200 dollars or so. I could always go 4k in the future.

For your changed vanquish build:
Is the performance digital storm ssd not recommended or bad?
I like that you gave me more ssd space but you did completely remove my second storage thus leaving me overall with less space.

Also, why do you say that the vanquish does not allow for much modification? The description says that it is designed to be easily kept up to date for years to come. Is it hard to replace graphics card and ram in this case?

The motherboard seems to be the only unknown part, but I've heard good things about the Z170 series.

Should I just forget about the black friday deals and save up? I don't really want to do any of the financing offers.Do you think it will be wiser for me to just be patient and wait a month or two to get the apollo. Is the case really that much better for upgradability than vanquish?

Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply :)
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 2:48am
The Vanquish is just as upgradable as the Apollo. What DST meant was that some parts can't be custom picked , you get what's offered, like the motherboard, power supply and CPU cooler. The Apollo line allows full modification in the configuration.

The Digital Storm branded parts are decent name brand parts but you don't know specifically what your getting and the warranty on them is only what warranty you have on the whole system, not any manufacturers warranty afterwards.

The z170 is excellent. The motherboard you pick depends on your needs, like number of USB ports, audio, number of Pcie slots, etc.   For most , pretty much any they offer are very good.    

Post Reply Post Reply