FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations 3,500 budget

Post Date: 2016-09-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ras View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Recommendations 3,500 budget
    Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:41am
Budget: 3,000-3,500

Expectations: to run all games on highest resolution setting.

Have been thinking of building a new Rig, my friend recommended me to digital storm. I have been looking at the Velox, and hailstorm but can't quite figure the proper configurations. I am trying not to spend over 3,500 but would if worth the extra dough. Was wondering if you guys could help out. Defiantly am looking to have my CPU liquid cooled.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:47am
With lc you have to be ready to deal with working on it, if you are ok with that then we will give you lc, just remember real lc performance starts at hydrolux pro, otherwise you are talking about being 5c or less performance difference between closed loops and noctua.

What is the native resolution of the monitor you gonna be gaming at? if you are getting a new monitor within the next year or so let us know what you are thinking about.

to get the best bang for the buck you need build the pc around the res you want to max out, otherwise you are gonna spend more and get less.

I like to use the race analogy, pc being the race car and the res being the race track/kind. So we can't build a race car for you without knowing what kind of a race it is.

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Sep 2016 at 10:48am
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:21am
Thank you for your assistance, my current monitor is a Asus ROG PG278Q Black 27" 2560 x 1440, 144 HZ 1ms. I will not be looking to replace this for at least another year, and when i do it will most likely be a 4k monitor. I have built my own PC before so the maintenance of liquid cooling will not be an issue, but i do not have much experience with LC systems in general but i consider myself to be a pretty mechanical person and learn things easily. 

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:29am
Ok then let me ask you a question.

to build a system that can run your 4k at max we need to go sli 1080 or single titan under lc but you will have to oc the heck out of it yourself.

Now if you go the sli 1080 but we would really do is give you one 1080 gtx now and then you drop in the second one yourself when you get the 4k(single 1080 will max out anything at 1440p), in this case you would have to get the 1080 gtx, the water block for it, put them together and then add it to the loop. Or you go the most expensive way which is to buy it all from DS and have them put it together, but this is very expensive.

So based on the above our choices are:

1. sli 1080 now on lc (most expensive and wasteful since single 1080 will max out games at 1440p)

2. single 1080 now on lc you add the second 1080 later yourself to the lc.

3. single titan on lc but to get what you need, you need to oc it very high yourself. (most wasteful and overkill for your situation)

4. single 1080 on air, you add the second 1080 later when you need it and since its on air all you do is just drop it in.

so your thoughts and which way would you like to go?

Also like to point out that with lc and to support 4k you can forget about your $3500 budget the lc will make it blow through that.

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Sep 2016 at 11:31am
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:35am
4 sounds like the best option for me at this point, just interested in LC my CPU for now

Edited by Ras - 17 Sep 2016 at 11:37am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 11:49am
For just cpu hydrolux lite is a great start on lc but still you don't get the performance of hydrolux pro (open loop).

IF you tell me the reason you are looking for lc on cpu I can help you better with which lc to go with.

but here is build with lite you can change it to pro if you like:

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).
Also be sure to pick the color of the ring you wan the fans to have (red/blu/white).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.

the 1080 gtx here is the sc (super clocked)version per Alex, do when you get the second 1080 be sure its the same kind for best results.

If you don't need or have your own bd play, hdd storage then remove them from the config.

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Sep 2016 at 11:52am
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 12:02pm
Alright, thanks for your help, i will look over, and will be ordering ASAP Excitedwill let you know if i have any questions 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 12:11pm
Ask all the questions you want before you order, there is no rush, take your time.

Tell me the reason you wanted to get lc please, was there a particular reason or you thought its time you finally got into this whole business of lc and what its all about.

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Sep 2016 at 12:11pm
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:01pm
Want to get best performance I am able to out of my PC strictly for gaming, and thought it was def time to get into liquid cooling. I plan on ordering the PC tmr.

Edited by Ras - 17 Sep 2016 at 2:01pm
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:07pm
Also what would my benefits be if I went with the Pro LC system, and if I did would I just make sense to get The hailstorm ?

Edited by Ras - 17 Sep 2016 at 2:08pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:25pm
The pro will give you better temps, but your temps are already gonna be good with the lite.

the velox has better airflow with the gpus on air I would go velox. but if you want hailstorm case you can do that too, the difference is just the case.
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 1:32pm
In what situation would the Pro LC system make sense? what would be the main differences from the RIG you set up and the Level one Hailstorm in terms of performance, would there really be a noticeable difference.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 1:38pm
Pro is needed it you are going for extremely high oc for testing or benchmarking.

or

if you just like to have lc.

Or a situation where lc is needed due to ambient temps being high.

hailstorm is just a name, you can config any of these anyway you want, if I take the same system I configed for you and put it in a hailstorm the difference will be the extra price you pay for the hailstorm case.

Edited by DST4ME - 18 Sep 2016 at 1:38pm
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 2:08pm
The set up you recommend would it make sense to OC CPU to 4.8 or will there not be a noticeable difference 
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 2:14pm
For gaming you will not see any gains between 4.2/4.4GHz and higher.

Also don't think because you are getting stage 2 your are getting 4.8Ghz, you could very well endup with 4.5 or 4.6GHz, its says up to 4.8.

Long story short no, I see no reason to put more stress on the cpu and possible high vcore.

Trust me if its worth it I add it to the config, I'm all about getting every drop of performance for my money and I mean every drop, so if you didn't see me recommend something, its because its not worth the money or trouble.

All my configs are as if I'm building it for my close family and every cent has to bring some performance.

I think the only thing I add that is not in line with the above is the lighting.
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 2:57pm
alright im about to order the RIG, So No GPU overclock?  
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 4:36pm
The evga 1080 gtx you are getting is the Super clocked edition, you don't need to oc an over clocked gpu

IF you click more info on your gpu you will get this:

Edited by DST4ME - 18 Sep 2016 at 4:39pm
Ras View Drop Down

Quote Ras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 5:28pm
LOL Awesome so the rig was ordered, you recommended that i not go with the McAfee Virus protection? just wondering why? Norton security any better ? that what i have used in the past.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 5:31pm
No to both tho norton is a little better but eset tops them easy.

mcafee has too many resources running in the background that is not needed. it has like 7 to 9 vs eset that has 2, and as you see with all those processes its not even one of the best.

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Sep 2016 at 5:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply