FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing Wireless card?

Post Date: 2017-08-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mephansteras View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mephansteras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Replacing Wireless card?
    Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 7:08pm
Hi,

I got a Digital Storm Krypton back in 2015 which came with a fairly basic Wireless card in it. That was fine until now, when I upgraded my wireless router to a duel-band 2.5/5ghz model to go along with an upgrade to my internet speeds.

Since my internet speed now goes up to 100mb I'd like to be able to take advantage of that for gaming, but my current wireless card doesn't support the 5ghz band.

Anyone know how difficult it is to swap out the card in a digital storm laptop? Are there any known brand incompatibilities and the like I need to be aware of?

I've been googling stuff for a while this evening but haven't found anything specific for DS, so figured I'd check here. A basic forum search didn't really show anything, so I'm not sure if I just used the wrong terms or if this is not something people normally do.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 2:31am
If memory serves, the Krypton is the Clevo P17SM-A model.   If it is, then I believe the wifi card is under the keyboard.   To remove keyboard, pop off the bezel above the keyboard, it just snaps off, remove 3 small screws holding the keyboard in place, gently remove keyboard and the wifi card is under that.   It simple pulls up and out. Careful with the wires.

You'll have to do your own wifi card research or call DS .   

Hope this helps.
Mephansteras View Drop Down

Quote Mephansteras Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 2:10pm
That is helpful, thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply