FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Review of my new DS system.

Post Date: 2010-07-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ZFrost View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ZFrost Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Review of my new DS system.
    Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:08pm
Considering that it hasn't even been a full 7 days since I ordered this system I was pretty surprised that it arrived so quickly, but I'm definitely happy. The first thing I noticed upon popping open the case to take out the packing foam (which is amazing, by the way) was how clean and well put together everything looked, whoever assembled this did one awesome job wiring and made it look really beautiful.

I took it straight into my computer room, got it all situated and everything plugged in and fired it up. Windows 7 booted up lightening fast, and I've since been installing all of my games on it (Bad Company 2, Left 4 Dead 2, etc.) and they all run absolutely flawlessly. I was long overdue for a new gaming system and I'm really happy that I chose DS to build it for me, I couldn't imagine anyone else doing a better job. The only possible complaint I can have with the new system is that I chose the option for an EVGA GTX 480 while customizing, and the one I received was a Zotac. It's not as though it runs any differently, so like I said it's not really a valid complaint, likely a small oversight. Other than that, absolutely amazing computer!

Now for some pictures. I didn't take many and you'll have to excuse the poor quality, I had to take them on my cell phone since the wife is out of town and has the digital camera with her.

Edited by ZFrost - 13 Jul 2010 at 6:17pm
GosuHyunwoo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GosuHyunwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:48pm
Looks great! AwesomeI think this is the first Haf x review Wow

Dragoonseal View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Dragoonseal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 12:25am
Originally posted by ZFrost

The only possible complaint I can have with the new system is that I chose the option for an EVGA GTX 480 while customizing, and the one I received was a Zotac. It's not as though it runs any differently, so like I said it's not really a valid complaint, likely a small oversight.

Drop them an email about that and they'll get the difference refunded to you, since the EVGA 480 selection is actually +$18. Then you can use it to buy a righteous pizza to celebrate the new DS rig.

Hahaha
Lilim
Intel Core i7 920 @4.2GHz
HAF 932 - Dual SLI Nvidia GTX 480s
3x Intel X25-M G2 (80GB) SSD RAID0
R.I.P. Sinbad the cat (November 16, 1996 - April 18, 2011)
rholyrag View Drop Down

Quote rholyrag Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 6:07am
Great looking rig!  Thanks for sharing!Excited
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Maximus from Gladiator
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 3:21pm
@ZFrost,

I'm sorry to see that you did not get an EVGA video card.

Please contact us by either calling or sending a message and we can refund you the difference or cover shipping costs and ship you an EVGA replacement.

Just as a side note, both cards are exactly the same minus the sticker either Zotac or EVGA places on it.
TrakDay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote TrakDay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Alex

@ZFrost,

Please contact us by either calling or sending a message and we can refund you the difference or cover shipping costs and ship you an EVGA replacement.

Just as a side note, both cards are exactly the same minus the sticker either Zotac or EVGA places on it.

This is part of the reason I purchased from DS myself.  Without so much as an excuse Alex has offered to refund the difference or send the other EVGA card at no charge.  No thoughts of giving anything but a simple solution with no BS.  Man I can't wait for my system.

ZFrost View Drop Down

Quote ZFrost Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 6:16pm

@ZFrost,

More evidence right here that DS is an amazing company to buy a computer from. I really appreciate that offer, though like you said they're the exact same card so I'm just going to hold onto the Zotac, it performs better than I could have ever expected of any graphics card. The only reason I had selected EVGA in the first place was for the whole step-up program, but frankly after seeing this card in action I don't see replacing it anytime in the near future. Hell, I might just add a second one!

Edited by ZFrost - 13 Jul 2010 at 6:19pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 6:19pm
@ZFrost,

Thanks for the praise!

By the way, I spoke with the technician that built your system about the light switch not being put in the back PCI brackets and he informed me that were no more slots left to use due to your configuration so he turned it on and tucked it away.
ZFrost View Drop Down

Quote ZFrost Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 6:23pm

@ZFrost,

Thanks for the praise!

By the way, I spoke with the technician that built your system about the light switch not being put in the back PCI brackets and he informed me that were no more slots left to use due to your configuration so he turned it on and tucked it away.

For which light? The tube that was mounted on the bottom has it's light switch on the back, so you might be thinking of a different system.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 8:03pm
I'm not 100% sure, as I am just relaying information from the tech. I'll look into it further when I get a chance here at the office.
avaldemon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote avaldemon Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 8:27pm
I can't wait for mine to get here! Yours is a beast! Grats! Excited

It has been like 10 days since I ordered and my rig is in stage 5. Has been like that since last Wednesday. I thought I would get it for my birthday Smile which is this Friday.
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 11:01am
Originally posted by avaldemon

I can't wait for mine to get here! Yours is a beast! Grats! Excited

It has been like 10 days since I ordered and my rig is in stage 5. Has been like that since last Wednesday. I thought I would get it for my birthday Smile which is this Friday.

I was wondering the same thing.  I ordered mine on 7/4/10 and was told this week (7/21) that it may not ship until next week--It is still in Stage 5 test.  Very disappointing.  My current PC is on its last leg and I really need this one.
Shawn in VA, USA.
Mr. View Drop Down

Quote Mr. Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 12:47pm
@fahertyps  You shouldnt be dissapointed, you would be dissapointed if they didnt test it enough though lol
Mr.
fahertyps View Drop Down

Quote fahertyps Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Mr.

@fahertyps  You shouldnt be dissapointed, you would be dissapointed if they didnt test it enough though lol

Understood! Big%20Smile  But, 2.5 weeks is a heck of a lot of testing for a pretty routine pc.
Shawn in VA, USA.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by fahertyps

I was wondering the same thing.  I ordered mine on 7/4/10 and was told this week (7/21) that it may not ship until next week--It is still in Stage 5 test.  Very disappointing.  My current PC is on its last leg and I really need this one.

I am sorry for the delay. I had a look at your order and I do see that it is currently in stress-testing. The technicians may have wanted to hold it back because they we're optimizing your overclock or found some things they wanted to iron out to ensure you receive an outstanding PC.

I sent a message to the Production Manager to ensure we have your system shipped as soon as possible. I've also classified it as an urgent priority. Let's please keep the original topic of this thread in regards to the review.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply