FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Screen Tear on HDTV

Post Date: 2014-12-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Drift Spaceman View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Drift Spaceman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Screen Tear on HDTV
    Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 7:23am
Hey guys.

I have one monitor hooked up through DVI - no issues at all.

My other monitor is a Vizio LED HDTV that I game on and I have that set up via HDMI. I also have that as my main monitor so that Steam runs in big picture mode as well as Uplay.

So when I'm gaming, and only when I'm gaming, every 10 minutes maybe I get a quick flash of black and a sort of screen tear situation mainly at the top of the screen, like the top half tears black while the bottom half doesn't. Real quick, like a half second.

I have been streaming and using OBS when noticing this and the tear doesn't appear in my stream or n my preview in OBS, only on the HDTV.

It has happened when playing games with V sync both on and off.

Any thoughts on this?

I have the HDMI running from the Vanquish II Level 3 (GTX 760) through a Yamaha receiver and then to my TV. No issues with Xbox One or PS4 running the same way and my Nvidia drivers are up to date.

Has happened while playing Far Cry 4 in 720p as well as Skyrim in 1080p.

I haven't tried swapping the HDMI cable yet, I'll give that a shot on New Years day, just didn't know if you more experienced PC gamers have encountered this before.

Thanks!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 7:48am
Sounds like a Vsync problem to me.   A frame every once in awhile is getting there out of sync.   Are you adjusting V sync in-game or using the Nvidia Control Panel under 3D settings? 

Could be the cable like you suggested or the receiver is causing an issue.  Try it going right to the screen, bypassing the receiver,  just to see if the problem goes away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply