FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

So i got a 1070 and my system cant detect it.

Post Date: 2016-07-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Yowie View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Yowie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: So i got a 1070 and my system cant detect it.
    Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 7:31pm
I got a evga 1070 ftw that i replaced my evga 960 that came with my system with. The only problem is that my system cannot detect it anything over than a Basic microsoft display adapter. When i try to install the drivers this happens: http://prntscr.com/bvi7p3
When i put my 960 back in i can install the drivers just fine, Also when looking in cpu z and other hardware detecting softwares it only shows basic microsoft display adapter aswell: http://prntscr.com/bvi842 I have physically installed it correctly and i was trying to install the correct driver. The leds on the 1070 light up and im getting video thru the card but it says its only a basic microsoft display adapter, i dont know what to think right now because its not an issue with anything else other than the card because my 960 works just fine...
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 9:58pm
Well, step one, go to bios and disable onboard graphic and set your main graphics to the pci-e card.

Second make sure you are connecting to the 1070 and not the video output of the mobo in the back.

how are you connecting the 1070 to your monitor?

Also uninstall all nvidia drivers and make sure you got the latest nvidia drivers for the 1070, which from your pic looks like you have, so do this download Display Driver Uninstaller here you can visit its page here its simple, run it, use it to uninstall drivers for the gpu with the 960 in. after ddu wiped your gpu drivers clean, shut the system off, put in the 1070, boot to windows and install the new drivers.

Make sure your windows is upto date.

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jul 2016 at 10:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply