Post Date: 2016-02-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zrk03 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote zrk03 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Space Engineers Test
    Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 4:23pm
Does anyone here have the Vanquish 4 Level 4 and can test space engineers with the new planets updates and tell me how well the game runs.
zrk03 View Drop Down

Quote zrk03 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 8:34pm
Is my question really that difficult to answer lol?
Htoler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Htoler Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 11:40pm
I dont have Space Engineers but the V4L4 has a GTX980 my bet is it will run any game out there today .
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 1:25pm
Correct, the Level 4 is very powerful. Unless you're trying to run a 4K display, it will run practically any game out there with zero issues.
zrk03 View Drop Down

Quote zrk03 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:50pm
I would normally agree but space engineers isn't exactly an ordinary game. Lets just say "Early Access". If that means anything... Then you will know what im talking about. Would anyone at digital storm be able to test the game for me?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 3:58am
From the little research I've done, it seems the game is so poorly optimized that even a 970/980 graphics and decent CPU it runs at low frames when the screen gets busy. Seems it struggles to go above 50% CPU utilization and graphics shoot to the 90% range and still poor frames.   Turning settings down might be necessary, which still means good looking.

If the Vanquish 4 with its 980 and it's over locked Skyake processor can't give the highest settings then chances are not much will until they further tweak the coding. It is rated very good for that genre so it's just adjusting in game settings until they put more work into it.

I'm going by a little research and not personal experience.   

zrk03 View Drop Down

Quote zrk03 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 4:53pm
Thanks... Ill still end up getting a digital storm pc anyways... I just was curious.
PlatinumGlace View Drop Down

Quote PlatinumGlace Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 6:56am
Originally posted by bprat22

From the little research I've done, it seems the game is so poorly optimized that even a 970/980 graphics and decent CPU it runs at low frames when the screen gets busy. Seems it struggles to go above 50% CPU utilization and graphics shoot to the 90% range and still poor frames.   Turning settings down might be necessary, which still means good looking.

If the Vanquish 4 with its 980 and it's over locked Skyake processor can't give the highest settings then chances are not much will until they further tweak the coding. It is rated very good for that genre so it's just adjusting in game settings until they put more work into it.

I'm going by a little research and not personal experience.   

reasearching to find answers is really effective. you are right, the optimization of the game is poorly done. but the game will look good if the creator itself will put additional settings to make the game looks good.
 Post Reply Post Reply