FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SSD failing?

Post Date: 2018-02-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mulehorn117 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mulehorn117 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: SSD failing?
    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 6:59am
Hey guys,

I've already emailed support this morning but got a message my SSD was failing. I've had the PC about a month and have no idea why it's failing. I did the wmic test and it sure did come back prep fail ok.

When I get back home from work I am going to check the obvious solution, a loose wire or whatnot.

I'm not worries cause it's covered under the warranty and all but my question is does Digital Storm just mail me a new SSD? They seem to be pretty easy to install. I was reading up i just need to clone win10 and then install the new SSD?

Any help would be appreciated.
Mulehorn117
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:40am
They'll usually just sent you a new drive to install.  They might put a charge on your credit card for the new drive until they get the old one back.  If it hasn't failed then, yes, just clone the old to the new and you"re back in business.   If it fails then an OS install, etc is needed.

Big%20Smile 
Mulehorn117 View Drop Down

Quote Mulehorn117 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:49am
Originally posted by bprat22

They'll usually just sent you a new drive to install.  They might put a charge on your credit card for the new drive until they get the old one back.  If it hasn't failed then, yes, just clone the old to the new and you"re back in business.   If it fails then an OS install, etc is needed.Big%20Smile 

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was be a pretty painless process. Seems like it won't be to bad if it is. Going to run a event log as well just to make sure it's not an OS problem.
Mulehorn117
 Post Reply Post Reply