FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

swtor loading issues

Post Date: 2012-03-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sinner.mcmanus View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sinner.mcmanus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: swtor loading issues
    Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 6:12pm
hey i just bought a ode lvl 4 and i booted it and installed tor and when i actually loaded the game it freezes like instantly idk what is going on plzz help
wisepoiboi View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote wisepoiboi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 9:38pm
Did you do a clean install or did transfer all your files from your previous computer setup?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 6:42am
Try other games to see if it's the rig or games themselves.  If the game, re-install and maybe do a driver update on your gpu's.

FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 8:20am
After you install the game you should download any new patches or updates from the software vendor. This is especially true if you buy a DVD.

Frank

Quote sinner.mcmanus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 8:41am
i installed it from disk and now they are telling me to make a new admin account on my pc and reinstall
this is sooooo frustrating

Quote sinner.mcmanus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 11:36am
yeah so i made sure to the best of my knowledge that the drivers 4 everything were up to date and installed so i am installing game now downloading it offline but idk, hopefully that will work
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 12:26pm
Try this.......after installing from the discs, go to the swtor website and download their client installer. Run that, and it'll just replace defaults on top of the disc install. this will update the launcher and everything should work afterward.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=9100  ,click on swtor.com/download in blue highlight.

This is a fix I found on a search.  I don't have the game so...

Hope it works.

Edited by bprat22 - 10 Mar 2012 at 12:42pm

Quote sinner.mcmanus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 6:58pm
well i havent tried that but i did try installing from the website i have installed dues ex and it is working fine so i just dont understand swtor has had me giving them various logs and such and they are looking into the problem but i will try that as well i also heared that the fact that my cards use dx11 and the game is on dx9 may be a problem...idk
Tøxie View Drop Down

Quote Tøxie Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by sinner.mcmanus

well i havent tried that but i did try installing from the website i have installed dues ex and it is working fine so i just dont understand swtor has had me giving them various logs and such and they are looking into the problem but i will try that as well i also heared that the fact that my cards use dx11 and the game is on dx9 may be a problem...idk

SWTOR is using antiquated graphics technology and has been the bane of many computers with newer GPU's. Mine included, I have been having random crashes from SWTOR, but I can play Crysis 2, BF3, Syndicate, and  WOW  with no issues, so I just assume its a Bioware issue with driver support and GPU support. Though it could also be a driver issue, or a mix of the two.
joebrodude View Drop Down

Quote joebrodude Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 4:48pm
I had an issue running in also until I disabled one of the cards in my rig. SWTOR doesn't support SLI
 Post Reply Post Reply