FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thoughts and opinions

Post Date: 2018-04-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Blacklablelive View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blacklablelive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Thoughts and opinions
    Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 6:03pm
Just had this ordered a week back. Little late here. Wanted to hear from other people on my system it self and what I should or shouldn't have gotten. Either way very excited to get it.

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Aventum 3
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Lust Red
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K (6-Core) 3.70GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z370 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 960 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (GeForce GTX TITAN Xp 12GB (Pascal) (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (ETA End of March)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (2x Graphics Cards + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Red Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Red - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) (14 Fans Total)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 12:09am
Well, it's just informed opinion, but if that's a gaming rig, you'll never see any benefit from 64 GB of RAM. 32 is overkill. It's kind of established that the 1080Ti is neck and neck with the Titan Xp, and it's newer tech for less$.

We don't recommend the extreme overclocks primarily because the 8700K doesn't need it for gaming (turbos to 4.7), and all the video cards are hot as it is.

As money seems not to be a limiting factor, I'd definitely recommend the Samsung 960 Pro. BTW, just noticed it's on clearance for $52 less than the 960 EVO; maybe that wasn't on then.

The wait for GPUs seems to have been extended some more, and you're free to make changes if you want.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 2:09am
Congratulations and welcome to DS,Awesome
That is one monster you configured. Cretae already mentioned most major items so I won't repeat them.
IMHO you don't need two Titan Xps, (they are the king of the hill right now by only a small bit ahead of the 1080Tis) but you might want them in case one goes kaput. I would, if budget allows LOL, increase the warranty to the max provided and get W10Pro instead of Home. Also, I know the configurator is changed a bit, call them to order an SSD instead of the HDD for the second storage. Don't know why it's not being offered right now, it used to be. Must be the blockchain madness going around or inventory changing since a new drive is coming out.
Keep us posted with your experience AND don't forget; get some friends for when you get it to help you get it out of the box and take some images of the unveiling for sharing. Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 03 Apr 2018 at 2:28am
Blacklablelive View Drop Down

Quote Blacklablelive Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 10:14am
Will definitely get some pictures up.
 Post Reply Post Reply