FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time for my FOUR DS systems review(with pics)

Post Date: 2017-06-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Time for my FOUR DS systems review(with pics)
    Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:53pm
Where to begin? Back in 2011 I decided to buy another tower as my Dell XPS 600 just wasn't up to date gaming wise. I also had an Alienware laptop(garbage). So my journey. I wanted a computer comp. that had customer service in the USA and not India talking to 20 people without a solution. I always research anything I buy and after looking and looking I chose Digital Storm. My knowledge of computers at that time was limited...
That has changed Im proud to say. I'm not an expert but know a little more at least.
    And this old lady has been a gamer since using a chair(stand on) to play a pinball machine in 1961. Still got my old Odyssey 2 machine from
1978, yikes it still works and with all the games.

1 So here is the original specs of my Digital Storm Syndicate Black Ops. My Rig. They don't make this anymore. Sad.

2011: Intel I7 990x Extreme Six Core. ASUS Sabertooth X58. 6GB 1600 RAM. 1005W PS. EVGA GTX 590 3GB Classified. 250 SSD Intel 510 and WD Black 1TB. DVD/CD Drive. BluRay Drive. 11 fans. LQ Tygon tubing Processor. OC 3.3 to 3.9.

2012: Had to send my rig back to DS because....I spilled my iced tea and the fans sucked it into the computer. Lesson learned. Never have liquids above a huge cube with fans.
I fried my 590 and I wanted to upgrade anyway. So. And FEDEX trashed my case sending it back. EVGA GTX 680 4GB Classified. 12 RAM+ my RAM= 18 RAM now. Blue Sleeves. 11 Red Fan LEDs. Internal Card Reader. Skull Theme engraved on Plexiglass. New case.

NOW: I put in new fans Purple LEDs(11 total). Now have Samsung 1TB SSD. The Intels failed twice. New Skull and Black Widow Fan covers. New internal lighting, Red. Yellow fluid in my Tygon LQ. W7 Ultimate 64. EVERYTHING else still works fabulous!!!!! Chugging along.
My monitor is a U3014 Dell, Keyboard Ducky 78, Speakers Bose, Headphones Sennheiser, Mouse Red Dragon, Gaming Chair DXR Drifting, Desk Bestar.

2 2012 Digital Storm XM15 LapTop:
15.6. Intel I7 3840QM Quad Core. 16GB RAM. 750 HD 7200 with 8GB SSD Hybrid. BluRay DVD/CD. NVIDIA GT 635M. W8 64.
Had to send it back once. I don't remember why anymore but DS fixed it. Still works just fine and we never really use it anymore. I need to give this to somebody.

3 2013 BOLT First Edition:
My Husband's Rig. Dark Grey. I5 3070K Quad Core. ASUS P8Z77 Deluxe. 16GB RAM. 500W Gold. 1TB WD Black. BluRay/ CD player. EVGA GTX 660 2GB. OC 4 to 4.4. W8.
He loves it! Still NO issues. Works great. He has a HP Zr24 monitor, Logitech Keyboard, Razer Deathadder Left Hand Mouse, Altec Lansing speakers.

4 2015 Digital Storm Behemoth Laptop 17.3
My Rig. I7 4940 Extreme Ed. 4GHZ Quad Core. 32GB 1600 Ram. 1TB Samsung 840 SSD. 750GB WD Black. BluRay DVD/CD Play and Write. 2x SLI NVIDIA GTX 980M 8GB. W7 Ultimate but now W10 Pro.
Well what can I say. IT'S FRICKIN FABULOUS!!!! NO heat issues. WiFi/Bluetooth works great. Games like a dream.
HAVIT cooling pad, GX Gaming Speakers, Red Dragon Mouse.

So that's our computers from Digital Storm. I have never had a problem with customer service. Would not hesitate to buy another rig from DS. Am I a "fangirl"? Guess so. Actually also bought a 5th computer(Vanquish) from DS for a friend.
Might be forced to buy next time a (Aventum).

Pictures of our FOUR rigs to follow. Excuse the mess as I'm fixing a room upstairs for the laptop home. We are finally getting a sofa bed for guests in the computer room. Next to my "Skull Cube" of course. And I bought some cool skull lamps to put on the side of sofa. And yes I like color and my "Cube" sounds like a plane. Love it!
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 3:12pm
My FIRST Rig from DS

2nd Rig

3rd Rig

4th Rig

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 3:14pm
And there's the Wienermobile. You know who you are.

Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 4:28pm
Love the updates. Always good to hear from "One of the cool kids." LOL

Nice pics as always too. Awesome

Thinking about standing on a chair in order to see the whole playing field of a pinball machine brought back lots of memories, lots of "tilts" in those days. Chilling

Glad you shared the weinermobile for a certain someone bprat LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Tidgxor - 16 Jun 2017 at 4:29pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 2:06am
   Excellent update of your DS gaming world.    Its been a ball watching your toys come together.     

Have fun, RPGer.   
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 2:34am
What can be said? You are a multipctasker!Strong Love it.

BTW. someone is drinking something in an orange cup pretty darn close to the works!LOL Be careful.Big%20Smile And play onAwesome
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 8:02am
Wow, thank you for sharing.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 8:09am
I bet you have more DS rigs than Alex does. LOL
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:13am
Thanks guys!!!

And one more thing. Thanks to you all for helping me over the years with issues. These forums are the best and I've learned so much. You rock!!!!!!

Edited by oldlady RPGer - 22 Jun 2017 at 5:27am

Purpletalon55 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Purpletalon55 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:19pm
Nice :) I am about to be on my second digital storm computer as my main rig and first just died really horrifically. Harddrive Mobo, and GPU got fried.

Edited by Purpletalon55 - 29 Jun 2017 at 10:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply