FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tirton 15 2018

Post Date: 2018-08-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChickenSpock View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Tirton 15 2018
    Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 5:43am
So I felt like giving the Triton 15 some love as I cannot find anything on the newer model with the 8th gen i7 and gtx 1060. I have found one forum post that didn't really say much about it and some older videos from 3 years ago but that's about it. Would be nice if they did a short product overview video or something. So in the weeks to come I'm going to be posing daily about my order progress and at the end do a full video overview of the Triton 15.

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 8:08am
Okay...

So I made my order of the Triton 15 on 8/2/2018. The only thing I change from the base config was the RAM, bumped it up to 16 from 8, and no extras or anything else. I opted to pay using the credit service they use and the process for that was very easy. The next day I received an email with my order number so that I can check on the progress through the My Account portion of the website. I know they state 10 to 15 day to ship out order but I figure since it is a laptop that is shouldn't take very long. I know they test out product before shipping as well. It is now 8/6/2018 and the only status is that the payment is processed. I'm hoping to see some movement on it soon. Just would like to enjoy it before my first payment is due.

Updates to follow...

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 11:03am
Entered into Stage 2.... Inventory Assessment. Keeping fingers crossed nothing is back ordered or out of stock.

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 11:41am
Boom!!!! Passed through stage 3, 4 and 5!!

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:56pm
Still stuck in Stage 5 (Phase 2)... Maybe tomorrow will yield different results...
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 8:00pm
IIRC, Stage 5 is Stress testing... don't rush this stage as it's the one that is, IMO, the most important. Make sure all the ducks are in a row and all the little gremlins are chased out.

Good luck!

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 6:18am
I know the stress testing is important. Not complaining about that at all. I’m just being impatient because I recently sold my aging desktop and not I’m falling behind on a lot of games like Fortnite, wow, eve, etc... I should have planned it out better. Crossing my fingers for a Monday ship date and arrival next week. Just would be nice to enjoy it before I have to make my first payment.

FYI: Still at stage 5 phase 2....
oldlady RPGer View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

One of the cool kids

Quote oldlady RPGer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 3:54pm
Hi and congratulations! I have an old 2015 model Behemoth(DS) laptop. Still going strong . And have SLI 980Ms. Have never really had any issues hardware wise. It's hard being patient(mine took awhile). Once you get it you will love it.
Me sitting my ECMO in PICU. Now you know why I like LC. ;)

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 6:31am
Yeah it is hard being patient. Its for good reason that it takes as long as it does but I have some thoughts. Seems like, as far as laptops go, they could speed up the process some by testing the laptops as they get the from wherever and then just test what changes people make for example I upped the RAM from 8 to 16GB or if someone changes storage options. It not like a desktop where you can swap out CPU or GPU and have a multitude of variables to test. Like I said I'm sure they have good reason for the way they do things and I appreciate the time they put in to make sure each product is the best it can be before it ships.

Still in Stage 5, Phase 2... keeping those fingers crossed for a ship date this week.

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:56am
SWEET!!! Now stage 6.... Quality Assurance
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:19am
Soon!!!! Drooling
Start the offerings to the shipping gods.Big%20Smile

Edited by hoserator - 15 Aug 2018 at 2:20am

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 10:49am
Passed QA stage 7

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 4:43pm
It shipped!!!!

Quote ChickenSpock Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 5:21pm
Okay so came in today Via UPS.... No box damage though the digital storm one looks like it was sat on. The laptop is looking great and I was able to add my own 1TB WB black HDD for game storage as the 250GB M.2 would not be enough. I did this cause I would on PC's for a living so opening up a laptop is no problem for me even though this one had a done of screws. My only ehh moments so far are the cheap labels they use to identify serial # and other things. Also when I was adding the new HDD I notices the ram was ADATA brand and the SSD was ADATA as well. Never used them before but I know they are on the lower end of pc hardware. Was hoping for better hardware... I know you can get Samsung NVME installed but at $1400+ I was already spending enough. The over all quality on this laptop is great (only used for about an hour...) but feels or reminds me on an MSI I use to have. Same sort of design.... oh and the logo on the back looks glued on.... not a printed one you see in the photo...
 Post Reply Post Reply