Post Date: 2016-08-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blake View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote blake Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Titan X Pascal Water Cooled
    Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 10:52pm
Based on numerous reviews , it appears the new Titan X Pascal is THE card to water cool as it actually has good overclock potential and a less than stellar stock cooler. Nice to hear, as all the 1080 AIB basically overclock the same and will have minimal improvement with water cool.

What water cooler will Digital Storm use for Titan X Pascal GPU if Hydrolux Pro hardline is selected ? The EK full block OR the Aqua Computer Kryograhics German made one that many argue is more premium ?

Really considering a DS build with Titan X Pascal as for gaming this will likely be a better option than 1080 SLI.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 11:49pm
They can argue all they want, from what I have seen they are pretty similar based on the older cards, if you want to beat EK you have to AC. They are both low resistance, But it really comes down to each block performance, you have to look at core/vram temps and see who does best. While EK is one of the top dogs other brands like alphacool and aquacomputer are good also, the difference depending on the block is very little most times so its pointless to sit here and discuss which is the best, some swear by ek blocks and alphacool rads for example.

DS uses EK.

We only recommend the titan for 4k res, otherwise is pure waste of money.

BTW you sure you want to go hardline? while it looks the best, its a pain to work on, so think about what you gonna do if you need to work on it, which with lc its a given IMHO.

Edited by DST4ME - 10 Aug 2016 at 12:24am
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 6:00pm
you can't really compare Alphacool blocks to these other because they are highly restrictive compared to these other two. 

DST is correct that the performance between these two and other low restriction products from the other vendors is really close.  that's mostly because your dealing with low powered cards here.  still , EK shines thru on top of them all by a slim margin (based on the 980 blocks reviewed by Xtreme Rigs).  i personally like their aesthetics over other products and the performance is there as well, but to each his ownBig%20Smile    
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:41am
Originally posted by DST4ME

BTW you sure you want to go hardline? while it looks the best, its a pain to work on, so think about what you gonna do if you need to work on it, which with lc its a given IMHO.

DON'T YOU DARE BAD TALK EllerLux COOLING?! Are you mad?

It is slightly more difficult, but at the same time, the idea behind it is to build a PC you won't have to touch for a year or two. Then it's such an aesthetically pleasing look, it'll have everyone envious. Softline tubing is so normal. Beautify your pc. Get the EllerLux cooling.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 11:42am
FYI, if you called it The EllerLux cooling when you buy your pc, and tell Alex Meller sent you, you'll get a discount.

Now I'm not saying how much (or if it'll even work with Alex), but I am saying to do it.
Custom PC
Ryzen 9 5950X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme
128GB DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Samsung 980 Pro 512GB m.2
Samsung 960 PRO 2TB m.2 x2
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Meller

DON'T YOU DARE BAD TALK EllerLux COOLING?! Are you mad?

It is slightly more difficult, but at the same time, the idea behind it is to build a PC you won't have to touch for a year or two. Then it's such an aesthetically pleasing look, it'll have everyone envious. Softline tubing is so normal. Beautify your pc. Get the EllerLux cooling.

In theory its all great in practicality it does not quiet work like that, while the idea is to not touch it, no one can preditc the future and lc system can have problems and when it does its a pain to work on.

just because my lines are hard instead of soft it has no bearing on whether I'm gonna get a leak or pump failure, etc. We have had some members with hard-line and leaks that was very difficult to take care of.

yes it looks great

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Aug 2016 at 12:29pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 12:45pm
Meller? I thought "EllerLux Cooling®" was trademarked?!
Invader Mig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 12:57pm

We only recommend the titan for 4k res, otherwise is pure waste of money.

A single Titan X is the dream card for 2k 144hz monitors, as it is the only single card solution that can maintain triple digit frame rates in most games at that res. It's also great for ultra wide displays. I feel violated just looking at the price tag though.

Edited by Invader Mig - 12 Aug 2016 at 1:07pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 4:07pm
while you are correct I will pass for a 2k monitor and that price tag for the titan.
Richieboy67 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Richieboy67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 4:30pm
I almost grabbed one for use with my Ultrawide because the price difference is only about $660 from my current card.Then I realized it isn't "only" $660 more. It is $660 more! lol

I am planning on using my monitor with a secondary as well so more power couldn't hurt..   :)

Does this thing really need to be water cooled though?

Edited by Richieboy67 - 12 Aug 2016 at 4:31pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 4:57pm
If you want to get all the power out of titan then yes you want to put it on lc so you can get a good high oc, that is where you will find the true power of titan, apparently it leaves a lot on the table when on air.
Richieboy67 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Richieboy67 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 5:01pm
I agree for sure but dam....  Excited
Invader Mig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Invader Mig Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 9:53am

while you are correct I will pass for a 2k monitor and that price tag for the titan.

Agreed, I pass on both myself. The titan is super disappointing and probably is one of the worst value for money cards nvidia has released, second only to the titan z. This is the result of no competition.   

But as DST said, water all the way. If Nvidia let AIB's get their hands on some titans maybe air could be interesting, but water all the way to get the most out of that card.

Edited by Invader Mig - 13 Aug 2016 at 9:55am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 6:44pm
I was disappointed to hear evga was not going to get a crack at it.
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 9:04pm
This shouldn't come as a surprise. AIB's have never had any non-reference Titan cards. All of EVGA's Superclocked and HydroCopper cards were all on reference cards. EVGA did have an ACX and ACX 2.0 cooler for the Titan that would be swapped with the reference blower. Gigabyte also had a Windforce version of the Titan that came with the open-air cooler in the box that the end-user had to swap on.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 1:33am
the surprise is that they aren't getting so they can put their own coolers on them.  instead Nvidia is opting to stick a great card with a crappy cooler that strangles it.  it's really unfortunate.  they've got to release them at some point, right?   
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote  Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:18pm
I don't know if they will have AIB cards, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or two create custom air-coolers for it that could be end-user installed.

The good news is that it doesn't seem like Nvidia wants to illegally void your warranty just for replacing the cooler: www.nvidia.com/warranty. (You will still probably need to replace the blower and restore the BIOS back to default if you need to send it back, though)

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY COVER?
Any manufacturing defects or hardware component failures in your NVIDIA® branded Graphics Card that is still within warranty along with any accessories you received.

FOR HOW LONG?
Three (3) years from the date of purchase of your new Warranted Product based on product specific warranty.

WHAT WILL NVIDIA DO?
Repair, or if repair is not possible, replace your defective Warranted Product. Replacement parts and/or products may include new or refurbished parts or products and are warranted only until the expiration of the original warranty period.

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
Any problems that do not relate specifically to a manufacturing defect or hardware product failure, including, but not limited to, problems caused by abuse, misuse, negligence, act of God (such as flood), misapplication of service by a party other than an authorized service representative, software, shipment damages, etc.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 2:16pm
I think evga will release a acx 3.0 cooler for it.
kernols View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kernols Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 8:07pm

I think evga will release a acx 3.0 cooler for it.

They are going to release a hybrid custom kit for it and it's in the works. Sucks that it will no doubt use the same blower style  fan but just cool off everything else with the pump.  The new 1080 hybrid they are releasing has all new acx style fan for the hybrid fan part and also using the ftw board.

Edited by kernols - 17 Aug 2016 at 8:08pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2016 at 10:53pm
I don't care for hybrids to be honest, I either go air or put a good proper waterblock on it, hybrid is in teh middle for no reason, you don't really get proper liquid cooling perfomrance out of those, a titan with a ek waterblock will blow the hybrid away.

But thats just me, to each his own

Edited by DST4ME - 17 Aug 2016 at 10:54pm
Xenecus View Drop Down

Quote Xenecus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 4:22pm
Titan Xs are insanely powerful cards, but as far as over clocking potential it's still held back by voltage and terrible turbo boost... Still the only card on the planet to power 4K or 5k (need 2 for that) I would even say still worth it for Ultrawide 1440p @100hz or regular 1440p @ 144hz, anything other than that it's an overkill.

These cards will really shine when custom bios becomes available, not that I would ever take such risk ...
Velox | i7 6850x @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Rampage V E.10 | Titan X (Pascal) SLI | 32GB DDR4 | Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB | 2x Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Raid 0 | 1200W AX1200i| H20: HydroLux PRO | Win 10 |
josh134 View Drop Down

Quote josh134 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 6:01pm
Question, would a single Titan X be a good card for the Acer Predator X34? How would it compare to 2 1080 GTX's SLI?

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UM.CX1AA.A01
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:08pm
hey Josh the difference between the 2 configs you're asking about have gone round and round all over these boards.  so, won't go into a lot of detail here, but to answer your question: yes, it will drive that monitor just fine.  ymmv, whenever you deal with SLI multi gpu performance.  it is a more powerful config under OPTIMAL conditions, but that can't be guaranteed.  best to check on a game per game basis.  it's gonna sux hard if the particular game you invest a lot of time in doesn't do SLI all that great. 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
josh134 View Drop Down

Quote josh134 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:12pm
Thanks very much!

Do you know of any legit benchmarking comparisons between 1 Titan X and 2 GTX 1080's SLI?
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:32pm
there are some youtube vids from sites like DigitalFoundry that do an overlay between multi gpu configs and titan x at multiple resolutions which show you not only FPS but Frame Time Variance (micro stuttering) as they run various demanding games, which can give you a real world look at performance. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRnvGbK1Ops

if you want written articles try sites like wccftech and anandtech
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
 Post Reply Post Reply