FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

transfer files from iPhone to PC via bluetooth?

Post Date: 2012-01-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kane860 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: transfer files from iPhone to PC via bluetooth?
    Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 4:52pm
So my new rig has bluetooth and this is the first computer that I have had that has bluetooth built in.  I also have an iPhone 4S.  So what can I do via bluetooth?  I'd like to have a way to transfer pics from my iPhone to my PC via bluetooth instead of always having to either email the pics to myself or connecting via the USB wire.  Is there a way for me to do this now that I have my iPhone paired to my PC via bluetooth?
System:
HAF X942 / i7 3930k 6-core cpu / ASUS P9x79 Deluxe MOBO
16gb DS ram / Corsair 1050HX PSU / Two - Intel 320 series 120gb SSD's
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD / GTX570 2.5gb GPU / Noctua D14 Cooler
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:24pm
Hmm,

I can't speak about the iPhone, I've never owned one. I know the transfer function doesn't.. er.. well.. exist, on the newest generation iPod touch. I've had this confirmed via Apple support. You can however get apps that allow you to do it. I think I seem to remember a coworker using something called Cydia in the past on his older iPhone.
maxyme View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote maxyme Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:27pm
There is a way to do this via wifi, it might require a jailbreak though (probably does) because apple restricts us from creating cool stuff. And yes cydia is the jailbroken app store.
Steam:pcmaster160
LaureFram View Drop Down

Quote LaureFram Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:11pm
He might have been talking about vertical integration of Software and Hardware components but he is also talking about taking responsibility for the whole user experience. So the minor miracle that is your iPhone contains everything you iphone 4s cases iphone stylus pen best iphone stylus need in a mobile platform, GPS, WiFi, Camera, Media players, a compass the list goes on and yes it is a phone as well. It does what you expect when you expect so it is just easier to use than its contemporaries.

Edited by LaureFram - 24 Feb 2012 at 7:11pm
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:07pm
Mah Gawd.
jmaster299 View Drop Down

Quote jmaster299 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:22pm
Wireless syncing of your iPhone was only recently introduced with the iOS 5 that was released with the iPhone 4S. It works for the previous iPhone 4 as well I think. The issue is it only works via Wifi, as of right now Apple does not offer any transfer or syncing via Bluetooth.

As others have said there may be apps that will do it for you, and it may require you jailbreak the phone, but you'll have to do some searching around on it.

To sync via Wifi read this article.

Using Wifi on your iPhone has other benefits. You can connect to Wifi while at home and save some of your monthly data usage. There are also apps that allow you to make free VOIP phone calls on Wifi and text messaging apps that work off Wifi.

Wifi is much faster then the cell service and again it saves you on your monthly data usage. I keep mine connected to Wifi at home and I make sure to download and update my apps when on the Wifi when ever possible. Again due to the speed and data usage.

Edited by jmaster299 - 24 Feb 2012 at 9:25pm

kane860 View Drop Down

Quote kane860 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:33pm
yea I actually downloaded a new picture transfer app, I forgot what its called.. but I can now transfer wirelessly over wifi.. its great
System:
HAF X942 / i7 3930k 6-core cpu / ASUS P9x79 Deluxe MOBO
16gb DS ram / Corsair 1050HX PSU / Two - Intel 320 series 120gb SSD's
WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD / GTX570 2.5gb GPU / Noctua D14 Cooler
margaretale View Drop Down

Quote margaretale Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 8:34pm
Anyway, in Windows you have to let Windows to sync the photos from phone to PC. This is normally happens when you plug the phone in to the PC, and the "what do you want to do with this device" dialogue pops-up. Its here you can choose to sync photos. If you don't get the pop-up you've probably told Windows it to not bother you ever again with that dialogue. You can reverse that by going to My Computer, right clicking on the phones icon and somewhere in there is the option re-enable or manually run an import.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 8:58pm
You don't even need a 3rd party app to transfer photo's from your iphone to your PC.

Originally posted by Apple Tech Support

The iTunes sync/transfer process can occur wirelessly via wi-fi when both the iPhone and your computer are connected to the same wireless network. This doesn't apply to importing photos/videos from the iPhone's Camera Roll but with Photo Stream enabled with your iCloud account on your iPhone and computer, all photos captured by your iPhone or saved on the iPhone will be available in your Photo Stream on your computer automatically after becoming available in Photo Stream on your iPhone and vice-versa. Photos captured by the iPhone will not be uploaded to Photo Stream unless the iPhone is connected to an available wi-fi network.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 11:49pm

Isn't that what you are talking about? or is the problem that the iphone can't do file transfer via bluetooth aka OBEX

Edited by DST4ME - 16 Sep 2013 at 11:54pm
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:33am
Who knows. I just did a quick google search. I don't dabble in the world of Apple.. My Galaxy S4 is all I need...   Been android since the original Motorola Droid
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 2:39am
android OG here also, but I been with htc, with windows its just plug and play pretty much, I just have to tell it to act as a hdd.
Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 11:02am
My S4.. and I know the S3 also had it, has some great built in app where it takes it's IP (from my lan), and I can navigate to it via my desktop. Let's me see all my files on my phone. I can transfer to and from my phone all from my desktop. Kies I believe.  Nifty (yea I said nifty) little wireless transferring ability.

I just wish cell phones had better wifi adapters.  I have an AC router and a 150mb/50mb internet connection.  Supposedly the S4 has an AC wifi receiver... my S3 had a "n" receiver.  And yet my speed tests on my phone (while connected to my wifi) are around 50mb up/down.  I get 30-38mb up, 24mb down on 4g... -_-  It's not fast enough!

Post Reply Post Reply