FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

turn off touchpad clicking?

Post Date: 2014-08-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sachalek View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sachalek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: turn off touchpad clicking?
    Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 7:23pm
How can I make it so that tapping on the touchpad doesn't click? I keep clicking things by accident while I'm typing. I'd like to permanently disable it. Everywhere I read says go to control panel -> mouse -> device manager -> touchpad to uncheck it. When I get to mouse, there is no option for device manager, and when I open the device manager from the start menu, there is nothing that shows the touchpad. I'm in Windows 7.
Roykirk View Drop Down

Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 8:46pm
You need to install the touchpad driver from the driver CD that DS included with your Krypton.  It's a Sentelic touchpad on my Krypton, and once you install the driver, a new tab appears on the mouse control panel applet called "Finger Sensing Pad." Hit the "Configure" button on that tab and under "Configuration Items" on the new window that appears, you'll see "On-pad Functions."  Expand that and highlight "On-pad Click."  Uncheck the only box you see there: "Enable on-pad click."

I mentioned in my review that I thought DS should have installed some of the key drivers.  I had the same issue you did (I hate tap-to-click on touchpads) and installing the driver made all the options available.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 3:29am
Roykirk.. I agree with the laptops coming in with key drivers installed.   Some just assume they are and think they have a problem laptop.   A few have come here asking about the EQ light display and didn't realize the SB drivers needed installing.   It should be a plug and play.
sachalek View Drop Down

Quote sachalek Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 5:07pm
Thank you so much!! That fixed it.

Originally posted by Roykirk

You need to install the touchpad driver from the driver CD that DS included with your Krypton.  It's a Sentelic touchpad on my Krypton, and once you install the driver, a new tab appears on the mouse control panel applet called "Finger Sensing Pad." Hit the "Configure" button on that tab and under "Configuration Items" on the new window that appears, you'll see "On-pad Functions."  Expand that and highlight "On-pad Click."  Uncheck the only box you see there: "Enable on-pad click."I mentioned in my review that I thought DS should have installed some of the key drivers.  I had the same issue you did (I hate tap-to-click on touchpads) and installing the driver made all the options available.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 3:35am
Good call Roykirk... I've got you on my list of problem solvers when I get one.   
Roykirk View Drop Down

Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 8:22am
Originally posted by sachalek

Thank you so much!! That fixed it.

You're welcome.  Happy to help.
Roykirk View Drop Down

Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by bprat22

Roykirk.. I agree with the laptops coming in with key drivers installed.   Some just assume they are and think they have a problem laptop.   A few have come here asking about the EQ light display and didn't realize the SB drivers needed installing.   It should be a plug and play.

Yeah, it's nice to have the SB software installed, but for me, the EQ lights weren't that big a deal, so I could easily forgive that not being installed.

However, it's critical that a user have control over a fundamental piece of laptop hardware: the touchpad.  To me that's the real oversight.  That driver needs to be installed before shipping to a customer.

A side note for everyone ordering a Krypton: read the manual that came with it.  You'll find a lot of reference to software and drivers that didn't come installed that you may want to install.  In other words, RTFM.  Evil
Roykirk View Drop Down

Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 8:57am
Additionally, the manual covers several different models of Clevo case, but shows you the different ones so you can identify yours.  The current crop of Kryptons should be the Clevo P177S and from that page you can go to "E-Services"and then "Download" to find both drivers and manual for any of the Clevo models, so this should work for finding Lance drivers as well.

The P177SM drivers are found in the model list by choosing "P150SM/P151SM1/P157SM/P170SM/P177SM Series."  Unfortunately, I have yet to find any updated BIOS listed.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 9:40am
Good info. Strong

I don't have a laptop, I did in field service for troubleshooting other equipment, so no real hands on for several years.  But, from experience, most don't look at the manual unless forced to do so.   

I think this batch of laptops, specifically the Krypton, seem to be the first in my time here that have generated so many questions.  I could be wrong.   But it is nice to have someone, like you, with the same equipment helping with real world experience.  Laptop guys tend to stay a short time. 

Thanks. Big%20Smile

Post Reply Post Reply