Post Date: 2017-07-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jshookz View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jshookz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Ultimate Aventum 3 Build
    Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:23pm
*First off, I wanted to say thank you all for the help! If this helps, I'm looking at purchasing a system within the next 2-3 months! I know technology changes so if I have to wait it out I will!

Budget:

I am looking to spend $8,000-$10,000 for a custom desktop PC build. I will be buying a monitor but that is separate from the PC budget.

Expectations:

I would like to play any game at 60+ FPS, video processing features, run virtual servers via VMWare, run VIRL (virtual cisco routing). I would like to set up simulations for other operating systems so that I can test out features with routing/switching and Kali Linux. I'd like to have multiple applications running at once and not worrying about the system slowing down at all.

Usage:

I'd like to play any new game that will be coming out within the next few years and not have a worry of updating. I'd also like to be able to run vSphere and other simulations without failure.

Special Needs:

I will be purchasing an Acer Predator X34 monitor. I'm not too sure if I should go with SLI Titan X Pascal or just one Titan X. I will be gaming in 3440 x 1440 resolution.

I would want this desktop to be my prized possession and to something that I can come home to, boot up, and get right into gaming or virtualization! I also don't know if I should go with dual M.2 SSD 1TB or just one and then use an HDD for storage.

Saved Ticket #:

Specifications:

Chassis
Chassis Model: Aventum 3
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Pure White

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i9-7900X (10-Core) Extreme Edition (Up to 4.30 GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE (Intel X299 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power)

Storage / Connectivity
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 8x / CD-Writer 8x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 960 EVO) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (3TB Seagate / Toshiba)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX TITAN Xp 12GB (Pascal) (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Red Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Blue - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LED Airflow Performance Edition (Blue) Fans
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm RGB LED Lighting System (Requires Thermal Management Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: Fan Blow-Holes: CPU & Graphics Card Area: Laser Cut and Mount (2x) Side Window Fans
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Factory Reset Feature + Windows Installation CD (Partition up to 50GB of Storage)
Virus Protection: FREE: McAfee AntiVirus Plus (1 Year Service Activation Card) (Not Pre-installed) ($35 Value)

Accessories / Goodies
Surge Shield: APC 1500VA Uninterrupted Power & Surge Conditioner - BR1500G - (NOTE: Ships VIA Ground ONLY)
Exclusive T-Shirt: T-Shirt - Black (Medium)

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty (6 Year Labor & 4 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by jshookz - 04 Jul 2017 at 7:24pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:07am
Hi jshookz,

That is a beast of a case. I see you are going with a red, white and blue motif.  Some other more knowledgeable members will probably advise on the technical aspects of your build.
For starters, I don't think that the Aventum 3  can be ordered with the side cutouts for the extra cooling fans. With the Hydrolux as you have configured, the air is only for the radiators as both the cpu and gpu are under liquid. Also, the noise reduction package is not needed nor I think available for the Av. If it was available it would cover the window and you would not be able to admire the works! It is a very quiet system.
And lastly, I would another gpu (it is such a large case that only one card is lost in there) and go with the 1080Ti but you might have a technical reason for the Titan Xp.
Good luck and enjoy.Big%20Smile
jshookz View Drop Down

Quote jshookz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 7:49am
Originally posted by hoserator

Hi jshookz,That is a beast of a case. I see you are going with a red, white and blue motif.  Some other more knowledgeable members will probably advise on the technical aspects of your build.For starters, I don't think that the Aventum 3  can be ordered with the side cutouts for the extra cooling fans. With the Hydrolux as you have configured, the air is only for the radiators as both the cpu and gpu are under liquid. Also, the noise reduction package is not needed nor I think available for the Av. If it was available it would cover the window and you would not be able to admire the works! It is a very quiet system.And lastly, I would another gpu (it is such a large case that only one card is lost in there) and go with the 1080Ti but you might have a technical reason for the Titan Xp.Good luck and enjoy.Big%20Smile

Thanks Hose! I really don't know how to configure, I just chose everything under the sun it seems like haha. I'm learning as we go!
 Post Reply Post Reply