Post Date: 2016-10-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
valod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: ultimate custom pc
    Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 10:41pm
im saving up for a aventum 3 but i want it to be really custom. does anyone know if u can have them not put any logos on  the case

want to get a custom paint  black color  aventum 3 with a gold Jesus picture on the front.

liquid cooling CPU + 2x GPU + motherboard and ram ( maybe no ram or fans for ram)

12 mm / 16 mm 7/16" / 5/8"  size tubing

inside will be white coolant, and gold fittings and gold/plexi color blocks and the pelxi clear color thermal block for the gpu.

no bends on the tubing and no 90 degree fittings only 2x 45 degree to make a 90 (for looks and better water flow.)

separate pump and reservoir  / dual pump ( that dual ek pwd pump )

+ drain for the system at the bottom with ball barring valve

x99 rampage v10
2x titan x
i7 6950x
64 gb ram 3333 mhz
1200 PSU
512 gb 960 pro mv2 hdd - OS and programs
512 samsung 850 pro ssd - games/ music
8tb western digital gold - storage for larg. files

40 inch or 31.1 inch 4k screen ( looking for a screen with true 4k rez like eizo CG318-4k)

this should cost about 11 grand not counting the screen.

will this be sick or what

Edited by valod - 10 Oct 2016 at 11:24pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Oct 2016 at 11:42pm
Valod you should contact DS for details as far as no 90 degree bends and paint. I know they can do paint jobs so I think logo will be fine but ask to be sure.

If you want our advise, those things (bends/extra pumps/etc) are pointless from performance point of view, and if they do make a difference its so little you would never notice the difference.

I'm not quiet sure how you would want a no bend system, no matter what things have to bend, for example cpu sits facing outward, your rad is down blew at the bottom, how do you turn and go down with no bend? By bend I mean a smooth rounded no restriction bend and not a sharp restricted bend.

any bend is fine as long as it does not restrict the flow to the point where it makes a difference, DS will never put a bend on your system that restricts the flow.

All pump are pretty much the same, you are not going to see a difference in temps as long as you go with any of the main pumps on the market.

Adding more pumps with make no difference to temps.

Adding more reservoirs will make no difference to temps.

Drain valve is a good idea or QD for draining, either way is a good idea.

I'm going to answer your questions from the other thread here.

1. as far as I know aventum has 2 rads at the bottom based on aventum owners and what Alex says.

2. as mentioned above bends are ok, and how do turn and go down without a bend? bottom line DS's system's bends are all fine, don't restrict flow and all soft lines come with QD before gpu loop, if you want QD any place else ask them for it specifically and it will cost extra.

3. you asked "also how can a HPC possessor help with gaming"? Answer is it won't.

4. yes you can have sli titan and another card for physics x, but it will not make a big enough difference to bother with.

5. sound card is fine.

6. for mobo block you have to double check and see which one actually will work with rampage v10, one is listed and I think that is the only one that will fit, but if I had the option I would go with a one piece.

7. your cpu block is fine but you are putting too much into it like the ekTim and etc. This is your first LC system so let me simplify things for you:

1. the only thing that makes the biggest difference in your LC performance are your rads and blocks (assuming one is using the same tubes/pump/res/fittings DS uses here on hydrolux pro). Now maybe you can get better fans to keep noise down, but that is about it.

2. Assuming you have a good rad, the size and number of the rads is what counts, the rad and water block is where the heat exchange takes place, so those are the most important parts, and your performance will mainly depend on their performance. Lets have a closer look:

A. A single rad of same make and model will not do better than a bigger rad of the same make and model. So basically what we are saying here is that if you have a single 120mm rad and you have the best fan on it, and say you want better temps, then the thing to do is get a dual rad (240mm) or triple rad (360mm) or quad rad (480mm). The bigger the rad the longer the liquid spends time going through it. The longer the liquid spends time going through it, the longer the heat exchange is, thus the liquid coming out the bigger rad will come out with a lower temps then the liquid from smaller rad.

B. Waterblocks are also very important, a good waterblock on the cpu will have good area coverage. On a waterblock the heat exchange takes place at the block, the bigger the block the more surface and contact, the more contact you have, the more heat exchange you have.

Now there other things that go into it, for example the restriction of the res or block, kind of rad and etc.

My main point is if one is making changes to performance of their LC loop, then honestly there isn't anything to change on the hydrolux pro that will make a difference short of getting better bigger rads, but I think they use 360mm rads anyways and 2 of them and they are decent rads so at the end the changes will not yield that much of a difference.

The bends, dual pumps, and etc will not make a difference over default setup of DS, ok maybe 1 degree if you are lucky.

So I just want to be clear that none of your changes are going to beat the default DS system in performance.

Now we have talked about this before and lot of changes you are doing is for ascetics, which is just fine Again I just wanted to be clear that none of them are going to make any difference or meaningful difference in temps.

having said all of that I will post the basic Aventum for you, you can then add the specific requests when you make the actual purchase:

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Hope that helps and answers your questions

Edited by DST4ME - 11 Oct 2016 at 12:15am
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:19am
yes you taught me a lot.. most of these configurations is for aesthetics i know it wont make a big diff on performance. but i want a piece of art. if i wanted a comp bang for my buck i would follow your advice from last night and go with a skylake build and tubing cooling not hardline. 16 gig ram and one titan x or dual 1080s

the bends im talking about instead of putting a bend in the acrylic you add a 45 degree fitting or 2x 45 degree to make a 90 

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/fittings/adapter-fittings/2-45

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/fittings/adapter-fittings/45

so you dont bend the tubes at all

a once piece monoblock will look nice but im thinking if the mobo cup and pci bridge had their own blocks more tubes would be used and it might look nicer

Edited by valod - 11 Oct 2016 at 12:20am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:42am
Just to be clear for gaming the 6700k is the best choice as far as performance and also the new tech, and not just the best bang for the buck.

I know you are not going for the best bang for the buck, I just wanted the readers to understand that the soft bends are not restricting at all and the custom 45 degree fittings are for ascetics.

DS already uses those kinds of angles but like I said feel free to request whatever custom parts/colors you like.

As for your mobo block/s keep in mind what I said in #B in my previous post.

Edited by DST4ME - 11 Oct 2016 at 12:43am
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 12:51am
hopefully i get this in the next 2 months. when it comes time to pay i might get the skylake setup
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 1:04am
got this idea from this vid look at the green system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynOEmutdXic

also this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORiqSFucuRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdJ6VVAlxdA
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 1:07am
ama call it Purgatory. cuz when you use that rig you will feel like your about to go to heaven ( or hell )
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 2:30am
The first video was a bunch of builds some were nice.

The second build, looks great unfortunately lost me at evga blocks, lol at that one.

The third build unfortunately was build by the same person as the second build so again looks nice but wins no respect from me.

Here are some old school and some new school ones:

Edited by DST4ME - 11 Oct 2016 at 2:32am
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 3:48am
the 1st 4th 6th and 8th one are drool worthy.  that first one though. if it had hard line and that color scheme i spoke of, that would be sick. that first one is my fav. 8th one is sick too
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:00am
The last one makes you feel like you should be wearing a tuxedo when using it, its so clean yet high tech.

When you say the 8th one are you referring to the last one or the one before last (blue one)?
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:09am
the blue one

the last one is nice too but i dont like soft tube

imagine crystal glass tubes or carbon fiber tubes or titanium tubes
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:23am
I think that last one is so clean it can be passed off as hardline even tho its not.

Ok so you like Snef's Icy Blue Angel II its a nice build he has it listed here have a look
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:35am

Snef is well known in the community, I'm gusseing his gold wing is right up your alley

here is a different build of his also:

Edited by DST4ME - 11 Oct 2016 at 4:38am
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:40am
yes that gold rig is what im going for exactly but a black outer color with a jesus picture on it in gold. i might sere that gold rig in my dream tonight ama save that pic for inspiration later on

i found out the aventum 3 has 3 rads on quad one 360 and a 280 i think

Edited by valod - 11 Oct 2016 at 4:42am
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:44am
man there is so many mod options im getting so many ideas. but most of them i have to diy. something i cannot do ( the ideas that i have) and im sure DS wont do it either
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:52am
Depends what you want done, for most part, if its possible DS will do it for you, you will just have to pay a premium for it.

lol was that pc so smooth that you didn't realize its soft line

Edited by DST4ME - 11 Oct 2016 at 4:53am
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 5:53am
Originally posted by DST4ME

lol was that pc so smooth that you didn't realize its soft line

lol yes i had to take a second look when you mentioned it.

you think DS will paint the interior white or paint the ssds gold or put a jesus on the cross lasered on the LC reservoir in gold color or laser engrave the gpu gold color back plate with while color Jesus related decals

white and gold cables

and no DS or aventum 3 logos  to keep the jesus vibe going

also on the top of the case i want a painted rolled up 100$ bill and 4 lines of cocaine  and a AMEX black credit card with the name Jesus of Nazareth

Edited by valod - 11 Oct 2016 at 6:07am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 6:10am
What no rasor?

lol I think can will do most of that, but I'm not sure, like I said its best you contact them via email and ask them for those specifics.

When you get an answer back please let us know here so can learn what they will do and don't also.
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 6:28am
i'll do that
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 6:38am
Appreciate it
valod View Drop Down

Quote valod Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:24pm
other then most engravings, they can do most of that for a premium including painting the interior
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 9:27pm
Thanks for the update
 Post Reply Post Reply