FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrades and PSU Connections

Post Date: 2016-02-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brad_W77 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Brad_W77 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Upgrades and PSU Connections
    Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 12:42pm
Greetings. I have a Vanquish 4 level 3 that is scheduled to arrive this Tuesday. It comes equipped with a GTX 970 but I had $1,000 in savings that has been sitting and doing nothing for years so I pulled the trigger on a GTX Titan X.

Yes, yes I know all about the 980ti and the similarities and cost factors. I wanted a Ferarri not a Corvette. Dont wanna do SLI (ever) and primarily game at 1920x1080 and 144hz. With the option to get into VR and 4k. I buy a new system about every 5 years so future-proofing is a factor.

My question is: the Vanquish builds come with an EVGA Corsair 750w PSU and the Titan X is rated for 600w. However- the pin configurations are 1x 6 pin and 1x 8 pin power connection.

I googled around and cant really find the cable layout of the EVGA Corsair 750w. Does anybody with this PSU know if theres a spare 8 pin power connection on it along with the standard 6's?

Edited by Brad_W77 - 07 Feb 2016 at 12:50pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 1:13pm
Power supplies, even the entry level , usually come with at least 2x 6+2 Pcie cables. They are 8 pin where a 2 pin plug can be folded back. So any combo of 6 and 8 pin work.

A lot of cards also ship with power cable adapters, like dual 4 pin peripheral from psu to an 8 pin Pcie.

Without the model number I can't say 100%, but I'm pretty sure.   
Brad_W77 View Drop Down

Quote Brad_W77 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 2:24pm
Awesome, its been a few years since I had to buy a PSU so I wont try to imagine any more problems until I get all my things out of the box.
 Post Reply Post Reply