FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

UPS

Post Date: 2018-06-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JTH76 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JTH76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: UPS
    Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:06am
Very dissatisfied with UPS. My new system arrived in Dallas (3 hours north of where I live) at 2:00 AM Monday, 18 June. The computer is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, 21 June. So, I guess to not deliver it before the 21st, it has just been sitting in Dallas for the last 3 days! No one to contact to get it delivered early, of course. I don't know if Digital Storm pays them by the day or what, but ridiculous it is 3 hours up from my home for 3 days before delivery!    
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:42am
that's just nuts!
techblogger911 View Drop Down

Quote techblogger911 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:51am
Originally posted by JTH76

Very dissatisfied with UPS. My new system arrived in Dallas (3 hours north of where I live) at 2:00 AM Monday, 18 June. The computer is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, 21 June. So, I guess to not deliver it before the 21st, it has just been sitting in Dallas for the last 3 days! No one to contact to get it delivered early, of course. I don't know if Digital Storm pays them by the day or what, but ridiculous it is 3 hours up from my home for 3 days before delivery!    

There's a lot going on in the background of the postal service or either they are unorganized as such. I know how it feels when you know something is close but yet it's still far.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:04am
We feel your pain, all shipping couriers can be a challenge at times. However, on the plus side, your system should be arriving soon!
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by techblogger911

There's a lot going on in the background of the postal service or either they are unorganized as such. I know how it feels when you know something is close but yet it's still far.

Just for clarification; the OP is having an issue with UPS (United Parcel Service) not the USPS (United States Postal Service). Even though the UPS has a contract with USPS to deliver some of their packages, they are usually the addresses UPS won't deliver as not financial feasible. USPS is mandated to reach every address, ever day. If the USPS had your package three days ago in their processing plant you would have received it two days ago.

Edited by Snaike - 20 Jun 2018 at 12:00pm
xeal562 View Drop Down

Quote xeal562 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:02pm
technically.. if you wanted to, you could call UPS to schedule a dock/hub pick up, of course Digital Storm has to authorize that with UPS first. then you can just go grab it. ez pz

Edited by xeal562 - 20 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
Tomsal View Drop Down

Quote Tomsal Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:24pm
So over the decades I've shipped many times for business and personal. UPS , in my experience is about the slowest there is....but I have to give them credit too --- I've only had something damaged in shipping once (and this itself was YEARS ago) . Versus Fedex and DHL each both damaged goods on several occasions -- but they were there fast I guess....if that's a trade off. ? :)

I do not like the dirth of tracking detail UPS has...and I don't know if its an extra paid service our company uses but with Fedex tracking isn't just "left/shipped warehouse..." then the only other tracking detail is right before delivery "out for delivery".....our warehouse gets in-between updates as well like each different city sorting center or something it goes through...I like that better. Doesn't seem ups does that.

Anyway...this is another coded message to say ....2....more....days.
Jaexyn View Drop Down

Quote Jaexyn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 5:40pm
Just curious when you received the notice that it was shipped. I just a few minutes ago got word that mine has shipped but it didn't say what the shipping method was, e.g. ground, expedited, 3 day, etc.

Just trying to get a time frame as to when I might see my new baby.

Thanks.
JTH76 View Drop Down

Quote JTH76 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 6:46pm
I got my shipped message on the 15th of June with the associated UPS tracking number. That is how I began tracking it until it stopped in Dallas on the 18th.
 Post Reply Post Reply