FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

v8 not blowing at full RPM

Post Date: 2009-04-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mezzeron View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mezzeron Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: v8 not blowing at full RPM
    Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 1:46am
Just as the title states, my v8 is on max and blowing at 1015 RPM.  I noticed that my temps were a little higher than expected (around 44C idle).  I noticed i THOUGHT my V8 was maxed.  Then I looked up the actual speed is spose to be 1800 RPM.

So, I did something wrong or its just bad fan.  Im leaning towards I did something wrong.  Any help appreciated.
Mezzeron View Drop Down

Quote Mezzeron Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 10:23am
Seems i was wrong, fan is atually blowing how it should, i think.  I was looking at Cpu-z and it showed the CPU fan speed at 1024 this morning, i went in the bios and it read 2000, with CPU temp at 29C.  E-Leet showed the fan speed at around 2k as well.  No idea whay that is, but i guess im good.

Also why do the individual core temps seem to be much higher than the actual TEMP.  Like it will say CPU temp 30C, but all 4 cores are in high 30's or low 40's.

Just curios
dark20011 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote dark20011 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 11:36am
They are different because the Core Reading are taken inside the actual cores while the "actual temp" is measured closer to the surface of the chip which will have more cooling reach it.
 Post Reply Post Reply