FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 6 Level 1 - Installing SSD?

Post Date: 2017-07-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
littlebicycle View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote littlebicycle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 6 Level 1 - Installing SSD?
    Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:10pm
When I bought the first Vanquish, it came with a guidebook on the chassis. The Vanquish 6 did not. I was able to easily install a SSD in the Vanquish's chassis, but the 6 has me stumped. Everything's so tightly wound for airflow (which is great, yeah) that I have no idea what I'm doing.

Can anyone help me with this? I tried to no avail and I'm afraid of hurting my computer if I try again without someone else's help.

Anyone have this model that can guide me through?

Thanks.

P.S. also this side door is driving me nuts and never wants to screw back on properly. If you have advice that'd be great. lol
tfg1955 View Drop Down

Quote tfg1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:02pm
Take off the side cover without the window by sliding the cover towards the front. Once you have that off there is a harddrive tray in the front of the case on the bottom behind the lower fan. This tray will let you install up to 4 drives. I have a Vanquish 4 which has the same case as the 6. That's where my HDD and SSD are installed.
littlebicycle View Drop Down

Quote littlebicycle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by tfg1955

Take off the side cover without the window by sliding the cover towards the front. Once you have that off there is a harddrive tray in the front of the case on the bottom behind the lower fan. This tray will let you install up to 4 drives. I have a Vanquish 4 which has the same case as the 6. That's where my HDD and SSD are installed.

Well... yeah. :[ But my problem is that the wires are so tightly wound together to help airflow that I have no idea what I'm looking for. I found the power connector, but it looks like all of the SATA ports are occupied -- and yet I can't find where they go to to connect them to the SSD. They just disappear into the snake of cables.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:56pm
If the motherboard for level 1 Vanquish is the one in the config page then you have 6x SATA ports on the mobo.   Your optical drive and hard drive only use 2 of them.   To add the SSD you need to get an extra SATA cable and run it from the drive to the mobo.   DS wouldn't prewired all the SATA ports and bury them in the harness.

Post Reply Post Reply