FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 6 Level 2 Ryzen ?

Post Date: 2017-05-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smith22295 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote smith22295 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 6 Level 2 Ryzen ?
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:20am
New here. Howdy, So I have just purchased the Level 2 Vanquish 6 with the Ryzen 5 1600 and 1050Ti and no modifications to it. This will be my first legit gaming pc, the other ones ive had were some really cheap-o rigs. Anyways, I have always preferred intel, but the reviews and becnhmarks for that Ryzen -partnered with the price- seems too good to pass up! Does anyone have personal experience with this particular build? I plan to use it for just gaming, a lot of simulators mostly. I figure that the cpu should be able to push a more powerful graphics card for a few years to come? Any thoughts?
In addition to that, I was on the edge about opting for a motherboard with SLI support, but after some research I found that it may not be necessary for what i want (awesome graphics and maybe 4k one day if i get a good monitor). Would SLI be needed to achieve 4k? -Overall I am feeling confident about my choice of build, based on my limit knowledge of hardware performance. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am a non-intensive gamer. Very casual, I just want my games to look pretty.

Saved Ticket #: 1683866

bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:40am
You'll get decent gaming performance with that level Vanquish.   Don't know your budget, but I would have suggested the next level up, not so much for the better gaming CPU but the much faster gtx 1060, the SSD for primary drive and better CPU cooler.

The Ryzen 1600 is an excellent chip in that price range and des perform better on multi-tasking and multi core situations, over the Intel 7700, but does lag behind the 7700 in single core performance, which is what gaming use.

The factory CPU coolers tend to get loud under load. The after market cooler would be my pick.

For 4k gaming, as of right now, a single gtx 1080ti gives very good gaming, but for higher settings an sli setup is still needed.   Staying any from sli if possible is my pick.

For the money, your selection is unbeatable. Good bang for the buck.   If the budget was a bit higher, then you can get a stronger gaming rig.   

Edited by bprat22 - 25 May 2017 at 2:41am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:44am
Congratulations and welcome to DS.Awesome You will enjoy your system.Big%20Smile

Quote smith22295 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:13am
Thank you for the replies. My budget was about $1k, otherwise I would have gone up a level! And that is good to hear that SLI wont really limit me for my needs. So for my budget I think I got the right build. Little bit of flexibility later on for upgrading. Very excited to get the new machine! Didnt add any options so I hope she ships out soon! Thanks.

Quote smith22295 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2017 at 9:52am
Purchasing all the parts individually (per newegg) would be over $1k. Amazing that they offer this deal, with a warranty, and professional building and testing. Great bang for the buck as previously mentioned.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:34pm
It's a solid PC, the Level 2 will do everything you're looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply