FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish 7 Lvl 4 Review

Post Date: 2018-03-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Daeson View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Daeson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish 7 Lvl 4 Review
    Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 1:10am
I took pictures inside of the rig of serial numbers for things that were not listed
in the folder that came in the manual box to find comparable hardware for pricing.
The rest were listed and i found median pricing.

Intel- core i7-8700k 3.7ghz 6-core $348.90

Zalman - CNPS10X Optima CPU Cooler $31.99

Thermal paste $12.99(average)

Asus Prime Z370-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $133.99

Comporable to same Latency and mhz ram installed $164.99

Toshiba OCZTR200 240gb 2.5" Solid State Drive $79.89

Toshiba P300 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard drive $57.99

MSI Geforce GTX AERO 1070 TI 8gb $599.99

Looks kinda like you guys rebranded a Corsair Crystal 460x RGB ATX MID $139.99

Equivlant 600w modular atx powersupply $64.89

Windows 10 home 64 bit $99.89

So $1715.49 dollars worth of parts with rebates should i purchase retail.
I paid $2k for digital storm to make it.

Now because of low opportunity to get graphics cards right now even at
the high price they are i would probably be spending even more to build it myself
just to get my hands on a decent GPU

Now i realize because Digital Storm Orders a large quantity of products from
manufacturers they do get wholesaler discount in certain areas,So they would obviously
be paying less than me,however they also have to pay their employees,which affects
their bottom line on each builds profit.

So by my math it is safe to say this is a more than fair deal especially with the
current GPU crisis being the way it is.

But then you add onto that 3 years labor warranty and 1 year parts.

Imagine ordering all of those parts individually,waiting for them to come in the mail
having to worry if one is Dead on arrival (DOA) Which has happened to me in many builds
many times. Meanwhile what little warranty they have can go out in the time it takes
for a replacement before you even get to test the rest of the parts.

So do you pay significantly more to buy this from Digital storm rather than make it
yourself? No.

Because of the pricepoint & the warranty would it be better off making your own in
the current GPU crisis? No.

This is the MOST fair price i have seen for a gaming rig of these specifications on
the internet or in a store period.

It makes you honestly wonder if the profit they get off of this model is even significant to them
or one of those things like on a fast food menu,that does not make the company much money,if any,
but keeps customers coming back to spend more $.

It's a funny thing i have learned in sales,When you have a bad consumer experience you will normally
tell 10+ people,when you have a good experience you will tell 0-3, And that holds true for me as well.
I usually do not give reviews for good products i have purchased so i thought for once i would.

One of the technicians building my computer was also out of stock on a power supply in my build and
rang up my phone to ask permission to swap to a digital storm equivalent PSU,I was home sleeping and
my wife was out about town with the phone,he was very patient with her and waited for her to get a hold of me.
In an age where customer service is usually terrible i was pleasantly surprised the employee cared
enough about his/her job to be respectful & patient at the same time.

Building computers has been a passion of mine for the last fourteen years. Because of the GPU drought i went with digital
storm because of their price point/parts used.

Overall rating 9.9/10 Why not 10/10, I got no Digital storm sticker swag to put on my stuff =).
I am happy to support a company when they are decent/honest so because of that I would recommend Digital Storm to anyone that does not want to build their own or cannot get essential parts
as i see Digital Storm as the most fair on the market.

Apologize for the drool/dust all over the place hard to keep glass clean with Dogs..

ultra settings in black desert online (one of the hardest to render because of polygon count/badly optimized game/hundreds of people on your screen at once during wars,running 170+ fps in open world 90-110+ during full on wars with hundreds of people,which is good in this game.

Pictures don't really do it justice,and i do not have screen effects for soft images turned on like most do in bdo when they take screenshots as i find it annoying but you get the point.

Edited by Daeson - 17 Mar 2018 at 3:20am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 1:26am
Very nice review and what a great pic of a beautiful machine!

The one thing you wrote to which I would like to respond is:

"It makes you honestly wonder if the profit they get off of this model is even significant to them
or one of those things like on a fast food menu, that does not make the company much money, if any,
but keeps customers coming back to spend more $. "

(Opinion, I do not work for DS!)
They do not make much from the Vanquish line per unit. Yes, as you surmised they will be getting wholesale discounts and because the machines are somewhat "pre-built" they can assembly line them incurring less labor, the profit margin will be significantly smaller than say a flagship "Aventum". But DS isn't about a "sale". Yes, they sold a machine to you (and to me and to most people reading this message) but it didn't stop there. DS has for as long as I can tell been more focused on attracting and keeping "Customers"; whether its one of the beautiful machines you pictured above or someone who has to deal with customer service, DS will always do whatever is in their power to keep and make the customer (us) happy.

So, next time you want to buy a computer and you have a little bit more to spend than this time, who are you going to visit? DS. The profit they passed on last time will come back to them 10x because you're reordering from them and telling everyone who will listen to do the same.

This is how they do business. And why some of us are here for years after the purchase. We just believe in DS and their products.

Just my 2¢....   
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 1:28am
Excellent! AwesomeThanks for the review and image. DS not only makes a custom customer system but also takes care of getting it right. Strong
Enjoy. Big%20Smile
Daeson View Drop Down

Quote Daeson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Snaike

Snip

Which is what i figured after looking at price and figuring out labor in my head + time stresstesting/packaging

I feel the same sentiment as your opinion ,they do not make much off of the vanquish line. But it is a foothold to prove quality to new customers and establish them as life long customers by offering a superior product at a lower price point than any competition.

Sadly this is not something many companies do anymore in the e-commerce or brick and mortar space.

I wish more companies inspired brand loyalty via this CORRECT sales tactic.

[Edit] Also changed email to prove i am a verified customer so people don't think i am some paid DS shill lmao.

Edited by Daeson - 17 Mar 2018 at 1:39am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 6:36am
For a new customer, you have captured well the essence of everything we DS fans tell everyone who'll listen here on the forums. You have it 100% correct Daeson!

Enjoy your new system, and join us from time to time to keep us posted. With your experience we could use your voice here!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 8:03am
Congrats and thanks for the review.  Awesome
Batman34 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Batman34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 10:23am
Congrats Daeson!!! Enjoy the high FPS and incredible graphics.

Edited by Batman34 - 17 Mar 2018 at 10:26am
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins
 Post Reply Post Reply