Post Date: 2013-11-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jacko View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jacko Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish Level 4 woes
    Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 9:28am
I have been getting memory dump crashes(due to hardware error) on a regular basis and chrome constantly crashes due to shock wave. I re installed the memory. One of my HD males clicly clacky sounds.

I'm unable to install all OS updates due to errors.

Going to nuke the C drive and start over to see if that does the trick.

Thoughts anyone?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 10:03am
Sorry to hear.   I would call DS since they are open and get the best in help.

I wouldn't nuke your drive so quick.  Not sure of everything you've tried, but ..

Unplug all USB external devices except the keyboard and mouse in case of bad hardware.

On the Windows Updates...enable the Updates to manual, and take a few days to do them all.  The updates could be messing with you.

Do a System Restore to an earlier point before the problem if you have any saved

Reseat the ram, video card and all mobo connections.

Go into Bios and disable your overclock.  DEL on boot, F5 to load defaults and F10 to save and exit.  If it works then DS can help you tweak the oc.

Try one ram stick at a time .  Not sure how often the crashes are but if its very often then this will help pretty quick if a bad ram stick.

Boot with Windows disc in the drive and select Repair, not Install, and see if Windows finds anything.

Didn't understand the HDD thing but if the HDD is making noises then it could be bad, and causing the crashes as Windows tries to load and do setups.

Good luck.

Also, have you just done a video driver update just before the problems?  They can play havoc.  If so, then try rolling back to an older driver.

Edited by bprat22 - 22 Nov 2013 at 10:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply