FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish lvl 4 vs Apollo lvl 1

Post Date: 2015-03-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sup3rvillain View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sup3rvillain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish lvl 4 vs Apollo lvl 1
    Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:32pm
Obviously the apollo level 1 is more expensive than the vanq level 4.

So this might be a redundant question to some, but for me... someone with limited PC knowledge. Which system is better?

I'm looking for a system to max any games at 1080 comfortably. And i was told the vanq 4 would beable to do that.. but the apollo just looks sooo f**king cool lol.

Also does the apollo level 1 look like it does in the previews? Or is that the level 4 being shown?

Ie water cooling/2x graphic card.
Sup3rvillain View Drop Down

Quote Sup3rvillain Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:33pm
It won't let me edit.

I can buy the apollo level 1, but i want to know if it's really that much better than the vanq 4 before spending ALL of my budget.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 5:02pm
The Vanquish level 4 has a much stronger video card then the Apollo level 1, by roughly 40%. Gtx 970 vs gtx 960. The Apollo level 2 is about the same performance.

The Apollo pictured is with sli and Hydrolux water cooling, not the level 1 through 4, as is, and much more money. You'd need to go into the configurator and select sli and Hydrolux for cpu.

The Apollo is more money because it allows a custom build vs Vanquish, which is pre-built.

Edited by bprat22 - 04 Mar 2015 at 5:07pm
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 8:13am
Hi Sup3rvillain,

Just to add to what has been said. You would have to get the Apollo Level 2 to get the same video card and graphical performance of the Vanquish level 4.

In the following chart you can compare the performance difference between the 960 GPU and the 970 GPU. The level 3 in the chart is a 960 and level 4 is a 970.

Personally I would go with the Vanquish 4, Unless you want to make some modifications to your order like a bigger power supply, SSD or water cooler. You can't make those changes to the Vanquish with your order. You can make changes to either system when you get them home. The Vanquish is the best bang for your buck if that is your goal.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 05 Mar 2015 at 8:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply