Post Date: 2016-12-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ghostly View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ghostly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish motherboard
    Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 12:41pm
I am debating on which desktop to get and was wondering if in any of the vanquishs can the motherboard be changed before I buy it like will ds put a different MOBO in than the ASUS/GIGABYTE (Intel Z170 Chipset) because I don't even know what that MOBO is, is it a Asus or gigabyte or a hybrid sorry if that's a noob question but I don't know much about motherboards and the thing is is I dont preticularly like that MOBO and wanted to know if that is truly the only choice for the vanquish motherboard. I also would never change the MoBo after I buy a PC (if I do) cause I don't know quite how to do it on my own

Any help appreciated
Thank you
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote ArkansasWoman777 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 1:30pm
It will either be an asus or gigabyte board and no you can't change the motherboard in the customization, as on whether DS will change it if you request it i am not sure, most likely not.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 20 Dec 2016 at 1:31pm
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Ghostly View Drop Down

Quote Ghostly Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 1:33pm
Why is it either an Asus or gigabyte and not just one or the other? What are the difference and can you decide on which one you get???

Edited by Ghostly - 20 Dec 2016 at 1:34pm
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 2:39pm
DS installs whatever motherboard they have recently received through negotiations with their partners, like Asus and Gigabyte.    The Vanquish line is a few hundred dollars less because they can use what they get the better deals on, as opposed to the other Custom rigs where you pick what you want.   That also applies to their DS branded drives, etc.   They are all name brand products, not proprietary ones like some builders.   

For the majority of customers buying in this price range, either will work just fine.    

You can call or email them and ask what mobo they're presently using.   The differences might be the number or type of USB, which audio chip is used, etc.

Give DS a call.    They'll tell you.   
 Post Reply Post Reply