FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vanquish suitable?

Post Date: 2017-01-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nickolasdeo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nickolasdeo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Vanquish suitable?
    Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 4:14pm
I'm looking to run games at max settings at 1440p.

Would the ultimate Vanquish 5 setup fit my needs, or is there a need to get another build?

I'm pretty sure a single 1080 is enough to run most games at my desired settings (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't see a clear reason to get one of the more expensive builds..

thoughts?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 4:22pm
Yes it would.   As long as you have a decent quad core CPU with good base, Turbo clock, 8gb ram and reliable storage drives, then the video card is your primary concern.   The 1080 is excellent for 1440p.

The more expensive, custom builds do give you the options for better power supply, your pick of a motherboard and drives, etc. But, Vanquish works just fine.

Hope this helps.
capman View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote capman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 10:46am
I have a vanquish 4, running the i5 6600K and GTX970 video. The only thing I have added is a ram update (16GB), liquid cooling and a GTX750Ti to run Phys-X freeing up the main card. I am currently playing DOOM and The Division at max resolution (2560 x 1440), set on high or ultra. Monitor is an Acer XB270HU pulling 144 Hz refresh (G-Sync) from the video card using a Display Port cable. I have not measured frame rates, but game-play is very smooth with no in-game issues at all. I Would not consider either of these games as "heavy hitters" as far as system requirements, but they do require some power. The new Vanquish systems, like the 5, seem to have plenty of power for high end games.    

Edited by capman - 06 Jan 2017 at 11:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply