FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Video Editing & Rendering Build Approx. $5k Budget

Post Date: 2016-09-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TriPolarTroy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TriPolarTroy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Video Editing & Rendering Build Approx. $5k Budget
    Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 6:46am
Hey everybody anyone who can offer suggestions would be greatly appreciated I've been searching on youtube and various websites for ideal builds for video editing and rendering but the thing I can't seem to get a straight answer on is which video card to use. Speed and fast rendering times are important.... thanks in advance for any help
Budget:
$5,000
Expectations:
Heavy video editing and rendering .... NO gaming
Usage:
6-7 hours a day
Special Needs:
video editing
Saved Ticket #: 1486027

Specifications:
Digital Storm Apollo (White) - $4,290
Processor: Intel Core i7 6800K 3.4GHz (6-Core) (Unlocked CPU)
Motherboard: ASUS X99-A II (Intel X99 Chipset) (Up to 4x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX1000i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: Dual Solid State Hard Drive Hot Swap Bay
Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (Internal)
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (256GB Samsung 950 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 850 EVO)
Storage Set 3: 1x Storage (4TB Western Digital - Black Edition)
RAID Config: - No
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (ASUS Turbo) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux LITE: Integrated Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard LED Performance Fans (Blue) (Up to 6 Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled LED Lighting System (Multiple color options and lighting effects)
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 1 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds Only)
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.4GHz (Depends on Cooling and Motherboard)
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Display: Asus 28 inch VN289QR (Ultra-Widescreen) (1920x1080)
Keyboard: CM Storm Octane Bundle (7 LED Colors) (Gaming Keyboard & Gaming Mouse)

Saved Ticket #: 1486027

Edited by TriPolarTroy - 08 Sep 2016 at 7:09am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 7:03am
Depends on what programs you are using, if that program is gpu intensive then the gpu is important and you want to go with a 1070/1080/titan(depending), if its cpu intensive then the gpu does not play a big part and a 1060 should do great.

Ticket Number: wait your ticket number does not represent the build you have posted

that my general idea trying to be balanced without actually knowing the programs you are going to use for editing and rendering, but most rendering is on cpu.

Edited by DST4ME - 08 Sep 2016 at 7:04am
TriPolarTroy View Drop Down

Quote TriPolarTroy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 7:13am
Thanks for the reply I primarily use Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas Pro

Config ID 1486065
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 9:06am

Click Image To Go To Configuration Page

Bit of info:

1. Do not install Mcafee , instead get a lighter better anti virus like ESET ( number 3 on the list ) Or any other good light Anti Virus will do.

2. With extra fans request that DS changes all case fans and connects all your fans to the mobo so you can control them via free software. This way we can control the fans without needing anything else (aka fan controller and etc).
Also be sure to pick the color of the ring you wan the fans to have (red/blu/white).

3. The warranty here is 3 year labor and 1 year parts so if you want higher part warranty be sure to raise the warranty level to the desired level.

Adobe has teamed up with nvidia and the gpus make a huge difference in the processing now. but feel free to go with the evga 1080 but those are factory oced so don't oc them.

personally I would be looking at the workstations perhaps
 Post Reply Post Reply